Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Earlier today I posted a request for anyone knowing of a Dealer with a 2005 Silver Insight let me know. Within two hours I received ten emails from Dealers with the car. I would like to thank every one for helping me out. I just picked up my car from Long Beach Honda. Was able to pay below manufacture suggested retail price and received what appears to be a good price for the 7 year Extended Warantee, if I should decide to take it (995.00). The only thing I wish it had is a right arm rest.
Thanks again, Jackson

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
i assume you mean silver Insight?

Was it a CVT or a manual?

Did they all offer a good price, or was it just the one you went with in the end?

That is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
armrest

Ouch! That is pricey. Do you know if it flips up for storage or how it is mounted?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Insight armrest

Hi miecz,

you can find Tom Hudson's installation (with pix) here: http://www.portev.org/solectria/ho/inrest.htm I haven't seen Tom here for quite awhile, but he does have great install instructions for the armrest and cruise control.

Tom has the older version (as do I, so I can't tell you what features the newer one has) - Husco has a newer version they made just for the Insight. Installation is a breeze - you don't have to install the 12V power outlet like Tom did. Yeah, it's pricey, but it's worth it. I'm sure Wayne will agree.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drivers Arm Rest

Jim,
Thanks for the input on the Arm Rest. I ordered one from Husco today. Tom Hudsons install photos are great. I would like to try the cruise control but really not sure I have the expertise for the project. As indicated picked up my car yesterday, took a 400 mile trip today out towards the Palm Springs CA area. Car ran great with outstanding mileage.
Any information on what gage or switch's go in the three blank cutouts on the dash to the left of the stearing wheel, directly above the small storage box.
Thanks, Jackson

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Jackson - two out of the three blanks are used on UK specification Insights; one is for a rear foglight switch and the other for a headlight level adjustment switch (standard equipment). Presumably there may be other options or standard equipment elsewhere in the world. HTH.

·
Registered
242 Posts
cruise control

Jackson,

most of the automotive sound and security installers also install cruise control. It's really not that difficult on these cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts