Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just purchased a 2000 5 speed Silver Insight last week with 143k miles. So far I am very impressed. On my first 50 mile round trip I managed about 63 MPG, that was at 74 - 77 MPH the whole time, my second trip today was a 120 mile round trip and I averaged 70 mpg one way by keeping the speed at 65mph. So far I amazed at how efficient this car is and this is after driving a 36mpg on the highway Saturn for the last 2 years.

Thanks to all who post great information in this forum. You made this the most informed auto purchase I have ever made.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats!

I also bought a '00 Insight about 2 weeks ago, but I've only gotten to drive it once (I'm still learning to drive a stick) it's driving me crazy!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This might actually make a few people jealous, but it was sitting on a lot at the other end of my street, about 1 mile away. It was on the lot for about 5 days and I wasn't all that interested because I'm not all that impressed with the mileage most hybrids get. But after looking at fueleconomy.gov and seeing how good the mpg really was I decided to go test drive it.

This is in Pocatello, ID, so there really aren't many of these around, and I seriously doubt anyone knew exactly what it was. As far as the car, it is a Silver 2000 Insight with 143k miles, new batteries. The body and Interior is super clean as the guy who had it must have pampered it. In fact most of my friends thought it was new until they saw the mileage. The only bad thing I found was some corrosion under the hood, but nothing is affected.

I was surprised to see the car is out of New Hampshire and appears to have had 1 owner. His Initials are REG just in case someone might have more history on the car. I was also surprised to get a thick folder of invoices and receipts including the original purchase invoice. Somehow the car appears to have ended up at a Honda Dealer where the IMA battery was replaced, then was picked up by this mom & pop lot for wholesale. They wanted $6750, and I got it for $6400 which I felt was a good buy.

I also found it weird that the car is a 2000, but was purchased with 22 miles in the spring of 2001, and has a number of 5550 (last four of the VIN).

Last thing which is slightly offtopic, I can't figure how to add a sig.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Congrats on your excellent buy!

·
Registered
171 Posts
noleyo, I got mine at a county auction. You can see my post about it here.

Drove it for the second time yesterday 2miles up to the grocery store, but I still haven't quite "gotten it" yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts