Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they normally do software updates for free? Surprisingly satisfied with the service from local Honda dealer/service centre. Even gave the car a wash!

Regarding the updates - I have asked for more info about the update itself and waiting to hear back. Anyone know what a "PGM" update is? This was the first service since the car was imported from Japan hence why I took it to Honda instead of a generic garage(would have been much cheaper) to get it checked out at the same time. They said all outstanding recalls have been fixed and did the software updates for free. 350NZD = 220USD.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They're free here also ( Ireland) but you have to go through bells and whistles,,,,contact honda Ireland ,back to you,then nomination of a local Honda garage,then they contact you in a few weeks,then in my case left the car in to get done,so a right messy affair

·
Registered
328 Posts
They're free here also ( Ireland) but you have to go through bells and whistles,,,,contact honda Ireland ,back to you,then nomination of a local Honda garage,then they contact you in a few weeks,then in my case left the car in to get done,so a right messy affair
Ps,had to take a morning off work aswell

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just took it straight to Honda workshop because for some reason the service quote I received from local garage was just the same as with official Honda garage and on top of that they said software updates will be charged at extra cost.. Easy decision to take it to Honda! Lucky I got a loan car while my car was being serviced!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just took it straight to Honda workshop because for some reason the service quote I received from local garage was just the same as with official Honda garage and on top of that they said software updates will be charged at extra cost.. Easy decision to take it to Honda! Lucky I got a loan car while my car was being serviced!
If it wasn't a Honda garage they couldn't do the software updates,at least here in Europe anyway,it's Honda or nothing- as long as their done that's all that matters

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
Certified "Oil" from a Certified "Dealer" by a Certified "Mechanic". Someone has to pay for the Certification.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
50USD is expensive for 4L of engine oil in United States?
Also, the 117USD expensive for a full service? (including the oil change and rest of the stuff mentioned in the invoice)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts