Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a K-tuned shifter or clone kicking around to see how far it is from fitting? Any others we might be able to use? The not-serviceable stock shifter is one of the worst I've ever had.

The spherical bushings could be replaced with metal, but that's kind of expensive and might require enlarging the bores. The pivot shaft and cable attachment shaft on the selector can be shimmed, to take up maybe 1/3 of the play, but it's still pretty bad.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Hybrid Racing RSX V2 shifter in mine. I modified the base so it would sit lower. I'll try and grab a few pics after work.

·
Registered
13 Posts

The Hybrid Racing shifter base is just some 1/8" steel with some breaks in it. After disassembling the shift arm, springs and linkages I used a torch, hammers and a vice to flatten the base. I needed to cut the mounting tabs off and weld them back on in the new locations. I also had to notch the area under the shifter where the gate arm(?) is by 1/4" to 1/2". You can see the spot I'm talking about in the fourth pic.

I think it would be much easier to modify the V3 version because it looks like the shift arms and linkages are a separate assembly and can be unbolted from the base.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bit pricey and welding is beyond my equipment right now, but thanks. Does it fit under the stock center console?

·
Registered
13 Posts
It does, but only if you flatten out the base which drops it about 1-1.5". You also need to move the shifter knob down. If you look at the serrated rods that the shift knob attaches to, you'll see that they are adjusted as low as possible.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts