Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 insight and the keyfob range sucks compared to my nissan. Is it the battery or does everyone else have this issue where you have to be able to close by for it to work even if you try the trick of putting it under ur head.
My versa keyfob can set the alarm off from down the street while the insight u have to be close by!

what battery does it take CR1616 will anything else work?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Perhaps you should just limit annoying your neighbors with your car to the Versa then. Yes the replacement is a CR 1616. Haven't replaced one yet. I have used the unlock button to flash the lights in a parking lot to find it, can't remember the range. Any aftermarket tint? Just replace with a name brand battery.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes. Mine sucks too. Weirdly the Unlock button seems to have less range than the lock button too. Sometimes I lock the car from my front porch after carrying in the groceries, etc. It will usually reach the 20-ish feet to do that, but the unlock button has to be pressed within 10 feet of the car.

I just live with it. And actually, I typically use the key in the trunk lock first which opens all the doors anyway, since I throw my work bag into the trunk before driving anywhere.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Yeah, the range sucked on my 2011. Half the time I'd have to walk back part ways from the porch towards the car because I couldn't remember if I had actually heard the locks click when locking it. It was rare that the fob would actually make the lights blink from the porch when locking. That's maybe 20-30ft. On the Nissan truck I had before, I'd be able to always hit lock and see the lights flash even when parked a couple of houses down the street.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
admadan
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing