Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I see a lot of Civic/Pilot/Element keyless remotes on ebay and they physically look identical to the Insight's. Does anyone know if these will work? I can't find a cross reference for any of them. I've read in this forum that the CRV remotes will work, but they have an extra button that is non-functional on the Insight.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

--Ron

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
IIRC there are several different groups of transmitters based on frequency ( :?: ) used and or code sequence. Something about the fine print FCC ID molded in the back of the case, a number sequence must be within the same range.

I know my wife's 2000 Civic won't work with my 02 Insight and their physically identical.

Google is your friend, there are a few online discount retailers that can provide one at an eBay competative price.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
keyless remote

Another question along these lines. If one has a keyless remote set up on an Insight (or any other Honda), does it mean the Security system listed as an option is automatically installed? If not is it worth the extra money for it (lower insurance premiums), ie is it a good system to have compared to after market systems?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The CRV and S2000 have the same FCC ID as the Insight (double check, but they should be the same). The only thing is the Insight remote is a little different. It only has lock, unlock and panic. The S2000 and CRV remotes both have a trunk or accessory button which will do nothing if you program the remote to an Insight. I got a S2000 remote and programmed it to my Insight, cost me less than $15 on eBay.

The keyless remotes come standard on the Insight, the alarm system is different.

·
Administrator
12,434 Posts
Insightful Trekker said:
And while it isn't a true alarm system the immobilizer system built in to the Insight is an effective anti theft system.
So is the requirement to press the clutch pedal down before it starts. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts