Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the continuously variable automatic transmission. It seems like as I pull off the line from a standstill there is an initial "grinding" (that's the best I can describe it) -- or maybe a "roughness" that smooths out once I get going. Do other Insights have this as well? Normal, or maybe something wrong?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What year is the car and what mileage does it have?
It may benefit from a transmission fluid replacement.
Or maybe one of your rims are loose causing the grinding noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Transmission fluid? OK, I'll have it looked at. But what would the rims have to do with this? Are you talking about the wheel rims?

The car is in the shop as we speak, so I can have some of this stuff done.

Mike

P.S., thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a little over 66K miles on my Insight. Bought it in 2002. It was love at first sight, and I still love it. I believe it is probably one of the most technologically advanced machines on the road, in its own way. Far surpases the other hybrids, technologically. Not simply a Honda civic with a hybrid drive-train dropped under the hood.

I have found a few drawbacks over the years, but not many. One of the problems I had was in severe weather, with very wet roads and high winds. The car was VERY (dangerously) unstable. I'm pretty cool when it comes to driving, but I was never so scared.

But asside from being pretty scarey in that kind of weather, on that particular road (slowed to under 50 mph and it was still dangerous), I love the machine.

I really hope there is nothing wrong with the clutch or the transmission. When I bought the car I was rich. Now I am going through a period of poor. So I need for my car to come through for me right now.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yes wheel rims is a possibility if it makes a noice at low speed specially if you turn but that's (don't ask me how I know). But it can be any number of things and I have no experience with the CVT Insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts