Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I discovered my 200o Insight knock sensor broke (where plastic and metal connect). Do I have to purchase a $100. genuine Honda knock sensor, or are there cheaper alternatives out there that would work?
RRR
I'm now also in need of one. And this is a good question. The sensor at Advance Auto Parts is $93. With their $35 online coupon code, that makes their sensor $58 plus tax when I pick it up in the store. A savings of $42 over the Honda part would be enough for me to go aftermarket if I knew it would work. Having said that, this isn't an easy sensor to replace. And I don't want any error codes to follow my work. Hmm.

Willie, I'm a little confused by your reply. Are you saying that we should stick to OEM?

-Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Thanks Willie. I think I'll give the Advance Auto Parts sensor a try, if nobody gives me a reason to stick with OEM on this. I probably can't swap it out before this coming weekend, anyway.

Thanks,
Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I wanted to reply with an update to this thread. I put in a knock sensor purchased from Advance Auto Parts last night. 48 miles so far, and it is working great. I'll post again, if things change. But the CEL has not returned. It was $92. But I used a 35% off coupon found online which chopped $32 off the price, reducing it to $60 before shipping/taxes.

Thanks,
Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.