Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah! I think that hybrids have been getting a bad rap because people don't realize that you CAN get epa estimates as long as you pay attention to how you drive.

For instance, the epa rating for my S2000 is 20 city/26 hwy. I usually get anywhere between 23 and 25 mpg... and I know it's because of the way I drive. If I was more conscientious in the S2000, I'd be able to blow away the epa rating. But, of course, I've got a lead foot in that car.

In the Insight, I'm able to regularly get above 72 mpg - even though the epa is 61 city / 68 hwy. Of course, I know most of you guys are getting MUCH better than that. :D

Articles like this help put hybrids in better perspective for those potential buyers... and those naysayers that say, "No way. Those EPA ratings are inflated... too good to be true."

·
Registered
71 Posts
hypersmilers

The article makes reference to some Insight owners being 'hypermilers', I think a more correct term would be 'hypersmilers' - given the stupid grins most of us have behind the wheel all the time! :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: hypersmilers

HB said:
The article makes reference to some Insight owners being 'hypermilers', I think a more correct term would be 'hypersmilers' - given the stupid grins most of us have behind the wheel all the time! "

:D
Strangely enough I do understand that!

Fred :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts