Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone new to this forum im a proud insight owner 2 years now. Id like to buy a spare wheel. Any ideas on how I could get around the lack of space in trunk/boot area, so I can store the wheel safely?
I see there is a foam insert, can this be changed to one with a cut out for a spare wheel? any Input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Well, you do not say what year or model you have. Or where you are. Those things can kind of matter. Here is the link to the parts page showing the spare tire parts in the US:

https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda/Parts-List.aspx?year=43&product=8&door=3&grade=519&transmission=4&area=4&section=6&assembly=17695

If that does not open to the exact page (sometimes it will only open the main page of such links), just look up parts, enter your year and model information and the section is: Chassis and at the bottom of the list, Wheel Disk. It shows the spare rim, a bolt & plate to secure the spare and a foam insert. It's normal for one to have to buy the tire itself from a tire store (they usually have to order them)

The tools & jack are shown in: Interior/Bumper then at the bottom of the list again, Tools-Jack The screwdriver thing they show is for models with hubcaps.

Now if you are in GB/Ireland or somewhere else, I have no idea how you would get this stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, im actually in Ireland and i have a a jap import not exactly sure what model it is.

The car does not seem to have an area to store the wheel. I see in the us models it has a cut out for it. The battery takes up all the room, i just have a small compartment in front of it.

So im guessing im just going to have to leave it unsecured in the boot/trunk.

If anyone has the problem and you have any tips on a way to secure the wheel. Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
In the US, there are space saver spares, thin tires only good for limited time & speed. That does fit there instead of the foam insert. But most vehicles no longer have a place for a full size spare. I’m pretty sure 2nd generation Insights were sold in GB and Europe, not sure about Ireland. I also don’t know if they came with space saver spares or the insert (and compressor & patch kit?)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Space saver location

Hi, im actually in Ireland and i have a a jap import not exactly sure what model it is.

The car does not seem to have an area to store the wheel. I see in the us models it has a cut out for it. The battery takes up all the room, i just have a small compartment in front of it.

So im guessing im just going to have to leave it unsecured in the boot/trunk.

If anyone has the problem and you have any tips on a way to secure the wheel. Please let me know.
I took the foam out, wrapped the space saver in whole sleeping bag,packed around it, covered,once foamy stuff( plastic)us removed you've loads of room,p.s. I'm in Cork if you need advice,had an insight,and buying one hopefully in Dublin Saturday,last 2 deals fell apart I'll give mobile number if requested in a p.m. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts