Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wanted to see if anyone in the LA area (or between there and the SF area) wanted to get together briefly for a meet and greet? Me and my dad will be driving down sometime tomorrow and heading back up on Tuesday. Unfortunately I don't have any exact times right now (partially because I have to change my front brakes before heading out, just found that out today) and I won't have easy access to an Internet connection once I leave. If anyone wants to PM me I can give them my cell number. And if everyone's busy, that's cool too, just means I'll have to plan ahead next time :roll:

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Hello Dazey, I just sent you a PM, I would like to meet with you if possible, it's a short notice, but I can manage, if anyone else is interested, maybe a few of us can meet.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the parts guy at Marin Honda sold me the wrong brake pads :x and of course I didn't find that out till after evryone is closed for the night. The inner pad looked almost right except for a tab at one end. The outer pads were missing a spring clip all together. At least the parts departments are open on Saturday at 8:00am, hopefully someone has the right pads for me.

If anyone out there with a parts list sees this before about 7:30a Saturday could you check the part number for me? The one that I was sold is 45022-S3Y-A10 I'm going to take the old pads with me (in a different vehicle of course :wink: ) to make sure I walk away with the correct ones this time, but a part number would speed up the process.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Inspect the pads before you replace them, Insights don't wear the brakes as much as regular vehicles, I just inspected mine last month, I have 103K miles on it and they're not even worn half way. :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish that were the case. The drivers side inner pad was worn down to almost nothing and was screeching like a banshee. The outer pad looks fine and I bet the passenger side is fine as well. I'll just keep an eye on that pad now, see if the new ones do the same.

·
Registered
228 Posts
With wear like that I would seriously look at a "hung" caliper. Check and make sure the outer half of the affected caliper does in deed move freely.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Agreed, the pads should have worn roughly the same amount.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from the trip. Total mileage was 998.9 miles at 67.2 MPG. The car was "overloaded" between me, my dad and our stuff. We also ran the AC for about 95% of the way down and while there. Used the AC for about 50% of the way back, but the head winds made up for not using it the other 50% as far as the MPG was concerned

Met up with Calpod at a gas station (should have taken pictures since it was probably a first) and had a good chat about our mods and everything else Insight. We also had an electric forklift mechanic stop and ask about the car for a bit. I don't think the owner of the gas station was very happy since neither of us got gas. :roll:

The new brakes worked nicely on the trip but I still need to check them out and make sure there is no binding. The mixup with the brake pads was that the parts guy pulled the ones for the CVT which are 45022-S3Y-A10, pads for the manual are 45022-S3Y-A02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts