Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am now the proud owner of one of the last 2006 Insight. I had to drive 2h30 to get it but it was worth it. I recently returned from Europe and while I was there I realised they would not make it anymore after September so I bought it online from a dealer in NC. I was lucky because it was the last one and met all the criteria. I wanted a blue or grey one, manual equipped with factory A/C. This car was wainting for me. I paid 21030 for the car it's a mark up of 500 bucks but well it was the last one. He had a couple left before I purchased it and people bought them from Oklahoma and Connecticut. He said it was one of the last one on the west of the Mississippi river maybe the last?
I love the car, it's great to drive. At the first stop light I had people staring at the car the whole time. I noticed people like to drive close to it even when you already drive 5 miles or more over the speed limit, I guess since it's small they kinda feel the can push you but my bet is the like it and they want to get closer to get a better look at that amazing piece of technology.
On the way back I got about 66.6MPG. It's easy to get more I love when it goes to a 150 it feels good. Something funny, I freaked out when my wife stopped at a stop light the engine turned itself off and I said #You killed it!# Two seconds later i realised it was on the whatever mode it is that turns the engine off. I did not master the art of doing it my wife did right away I have to read the manual i think.
Well that's enough I NEED to drive arround the block now....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. The mode is called "auto stop" where the engine will turn off when your on the brakes under 21mph or just sitting at a redlight in neutral. The A/C also needs to be in economy mode for this to happen.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congradulations on the purchase ...

If you're like the rest of us, expect that it may take a month or two before you START to become used to what you can have the little car do for you. Reading the owner's manual will help but only time, time on the road will reveal just how good a little car you've got there.

Best of luck with it!

Fred

·
Registered
144 Posts
After a while you really get used to the Insight's special features.
I drove a friend's Mazda pickup truck the other day (just can't quite fit a Door inside the Insight) and when I stopped at a light I thought "What the heck is wrong with this thing? The engine did not shut off!" :lol:
Good luck & high mileage 8)

·
Registered
79 Posts
New Insight

I'm curious; did you buy from Flow Motors in Winston-Salem? I purchased an Insight from them 3 months ago, and they told me they had one more coming in for sale.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: New Insight

Sherrisue said:
I'm curious; did you buy from Flow Motors in Winston-Salem? I purchased an Insight from them 3 months ago, and they told me they had one more coming in for sale.
I bought it from Honda of Hickory, was it a manual at Flow?
You can fine some automatic still.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Insight purchase

Yes I did get a manual at Flow Motors in June of this month. My husband called all over NC until he found one in stock. It had just arrived on the truck and still had plastic on it when I went to test drive. I couldn't believe my luck. Not only was I looking for an Insight, but I wanted a Blue, manual Insight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wanted a blue too. My wife wanted a silver one though. It's funny because we went to the Cary dealership and I said at the time, we want an Insight and they had sold the last one. They said it was the last one and they would not make them anymore so they could not get one. After I told them I knew they had some in Hickory they tried (that's what they said) to get us a manual blue one from another place. They said they called the dealership that had it but they would not respond to their call, that's stupid because they would have exchanged it for a Civic and Civic sell really fast, you go to any dealership in NC and they have 2-3 of them not more. Anyway I think it was a lot of BS and they never called because they said Hickory did not have any. Hickory at the time had 2 left. By the time I called they had one.
They wanted to sell us a civic hybrid. I would not have got an insight I would have chosen the Diesel Jetta instead, anyway they are stupid.
Now it's gonna be my wife's car I think it will be hard for me to let it go I might try to buy a used one because I am sure by now they are all gone, I want a manual blue or red with low mileage, I will see when we move to Minnesota.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Insight

They told me that they would get one more in Winston. They are a large dealership and were very personable. If you are still interested, call Jeff Hastings at Flow Honda. (336-785-3380). He was the person I bought mine from and was helpful in a lot of ways. I think he will give you a straight answer. The dealers in High Point and Greensboro were very vague and unhelpful to me, but the folks in Winston were great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing is I am looking for a job right now and when we bought my wife's Insight I could not be on the loan. I am pretty sure it will be gone by the time I get my full time job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts