Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update: I'm getting the car worked at a body shop that did some work on my Celica. Plastic parts are automatically ordered.

So what kind of lead time am I looking at for a wheel skirt and the rear bumper? Months? Should I start combing salvage yards now?

My car was hit in a compact-only parking lot by a decidedly non-compact vehicle. :evil:
--

I don't have the liberty of posting many details, other than to say I have a new level of dislike for holiday shopping.

Any locals recommend a body shop experienced with working on our Insights?

I'm okay and hopefully soon Mouse will be too.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
J,

I have had good luck at a body shop called McLeod's in Kirkland if it helps any.

I first discovered them when a dealer put a gouge in the side of my other BRAND NEW car the size of a fifty cent piece during an oil change. I was irate, but they had it done at McLeod's, and it looked fantastic.

I went back to have the marred nose on my used Insight replaced/painted, and it came out really great once again. The paint matching was dead on. They actually wouldn't paint it without me leaving the car for a comparison. Pretty limited experience, but they've been great so far.

Hope that helps a little. :)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I have a brand new drivers side skirt if you need it... red.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, Ricky, that's awesome. I should know tomorrow, when I pick up the car and take it to the shop and see what they say about parts.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update!

Well, it seems that the wheel skirt is all right and no, they're not going to have to cut off Mouse's tail (altogether now: GROAN).

It seems the gouges and scrapes are skin deep, so buffing and repainting may be all that's necessary. They're even able to do that for the driver's side mirror.

Interestingly enough, Enterprise has a "fuel conscious" checkbox and they are promising a rental that will get at least half as decent mileage. The Escape hybrid wasn't available. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
It took 2 weeks to get a rear bumper from a dealer, i took my car in for service tweice before i started calling everymorning to see if they had the parts. they said they were extremely hard to get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts