Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Insight Coupe 2000 in silver. Owned since 2009
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to resolve water coming in from the roof area, on the drivers side, below the trim on the side window behind the door?
When the rain is heavy I get wet seat belts.
Any ideas what why this is happening folks?
(I live in the UK, so any solution has to be something I get access to from here thanks)

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,577 Posts
"Search" is your friend at ICN. Search "Wet seat Belts" and read all the threads.

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
^+1. In addition to the "wet seatbelt" issue, you may also have the "rear glass" leak which is separate and a separate cause.

You can probably find lots of useful information of both problems by searching the archive. The moisture on the rear glass my be caused by a crack in the old seam sealant where the roof panel and the rear quarter panel are at the rear of the seam. Raise your hatch and look very carefully at the area right at the corner. Frequently you will find a crack there. The best course is to gently pry off the short trim piece behind the door so that you can inspect that entire length. I'm fairly sure some threads, with pictures, have been written on this subject.

This is a very good You-Tube on the wet seatbelt issue:

This video shows how to remove the over-door garnishes:

klr3cyl sells the garnish clips and will, I think, whip overseas. You can also probably order the clips from Honda U.K.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jime
Thanks so much for the assist.
The water comes out onto the carpet from under the window plastic surround. I've already had the window replaced and sealed.
I'll check out the videos which will help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just watched the videos, which are very informative but I noted that this deals with water running into the door pillars to wet the seat belts but as I said I've got water ingress into the rear hatch when it rains (which it does a lot in the UK), coming out under the rear window. In the video I noted that just behind the last clip where it leaks is another channel going towards the rear hatch and wondered if this might be where water enters?

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
Jime
Thanks so much for the assist.
The water comes out onto the carpet from under the window plastic surround. I've already had the window replaced and sealed.
I'll check out the videos which will help.
Those videos are related to the very common wet seatbelt issue.

It is a bit of a guess, but the leak you describe above "usually" is caused by cracks in the sealant as I described earlier - so give that a good look.

It is quite possible that you have both issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent an email to Scott from [email protected] about the Honda parts needed on the above video but how do I search for him on this website?

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
You can put "klr3cyl" in the search bar at top of most pages. If you do so, you will get 25 pages of threads, so not very focused. You can page through them and see if you find something of interest. If you look carefully at the results, at the top you will see an "advanced search" button and that lets you narrow your search down quite a bit. You can then narrow by date, keywords, author(klr2cyl), and sub-forum.

Scott is a very helpful guy. You can send him a "conversation" by clicking your avatar at top right, then click conversation. Try some things, the site is almost shatterproof ;)

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,577 Posts
I think you have the wrong E mail address for Scott.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't wearing my Mr. Magoo glasses, so added the a. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts