Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? I'm seriously thinking about it, got some extra cash comming in soon and I think it would dress up the interior nicely and make my car different. Besides, I've had leather interiors before and love the feel.

Go here:
http://www.classicsofttrim.com/find.jsp ... PT#pattern

and choose "seat from exterior" in the last box to get a picture of what I'm thinking about. These people do a lot of interior upgrades, and have an excellent reputation. I've personally heard from a couple people who have had them do their cars with excellent results.

The price includes the door panels in addition to the seats. I like the two tone black and grey just like the picture shows. The price is $700 for single color and $800 for 2 colors. I don't get that, as it's the same amount of leather and labor, so if I do it I'm going to haggle with them a bit to see if I can get the 2 colors for $700.

Here's a link to an article where the exact facility I'm thinking about upgraded the interior on a Z28 Camaro. I've yet to hear anything bad about them.
http://superchevy.com/technical/interio ... 11sc_trim/

Would be real interested to hear from anyone who has done something like this.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Katzkin has the Insight pattern. I've seen a few that have done it. There was one on eBay a while back that had black leather in it (ouch for me durring the summer).

One of our members (Clayton) had a nice semi custom leather interior in his, but I'm pretty sure he sold the car. I believe most interiors you buy are actually leather/vinyl. The seating surface is leather and the side and backs are vinyl. I'd imagine the doors are going to be vinyl too in order to have enough stretch to work there. Be careful who does the doors, you have to melt out the plastic rivits that hold the center piece in so if they are not put back in properly they'll easily break.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts