Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guys! I picked up these bulbs about two months ago and have been using them ever since, and figured i'd do a review for anyone wanting an easy way to increase their cars headlight output without doing a projector retrofit. I bought a set of these bulbs for my Insight and they work fantastic. They don't get too hot, no radio interference, high beams are like two small suns and work just as they did before, fans are barely noticeable when the car is auto stopped with my music all the way down. Beam cutoff is excellent on them as well. I'd highly highly recommend for $50.

IMG_6022.jpg IMG_6841.jpg IMG_7454.jpg IMG_7452.JPG

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the hot spots are better placed than the bulbs I used.

What did you do with the rubber shroud that normally covers the bulbs on the back of the housing? I imagine these don't fit through them.

Thankfully, due to the design of the bulbs, you are able to reuse the factory rubber dust covers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I already have Philips set for my Insight, but they look great.
I just order a 9006 set for my ‘98 Eclipse Spyder!
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Anyone know if these are or are likely to be dimmable? I have always-on driving lights that operate the high beam filament at half power, wondering if these would work with that...

edit: OK, I found an answer:
Q: Will these led bulbs also work as daytime running lights?
A: No, these bulbs can only be used as headlight bulbs, can not be used as daytime running lights as the low voltage of the drl location. By Topik Lighting.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone know if these are or are likely to be dimmable? I have always-on driving lights that operate the high beam filament at half power, wondering if these would work with that...

edit: OK, I found an answer:
Q: Will these led bulbs also work as daytime running lights?
A: No, these bulbs can only be used as headlight bulbs, can not be used as daytime running lights as the low voltage of the drl location. By Topik Lighting.
When I buy my Phillips LED kit, there was the DEL option. So yes, but you have to select the option. No option, no.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hope the cooling fans last. I'm going to buy a pair and try them out.
They’ve been going strong/showing no signs of stopping the entire time i’ve been using them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
I receive them. Great quality. 24 month warranty.
Left one is the LED.
Right one is halogen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts