Honda Insight Forum banner

LED Bulb Review: Auxito 9003 LED bulbs

9626 Views 25 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Sigma Projects

Hey guys! I picked up these bulbs about two months ago and have been using them ever since, and figured i'd do a review for anyone wanting an easy way to increase their cars headlight output without doing a projector retrofit. I bought a set of these bulbs for my Insight and they work fantastic. They don't get too hot, no radio interference, high beams are like two small suns and work just as they did before, fans are barely noticeable when the car is auto stopped with my music all the way down. Beam cutoff is excellent on them as well. I'd highly highly recommend for $50.

Sky Night Darkness Light Atmospheric phenomenon
Sky Night Vehicle Speedometer Mode of transport
Light Road Sky Mode of transport Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Mid-size car Honda Sedan
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
313 Posts
Only for some reason it was difficult to get the driver side clip to seat in, but passenger side went in no problem.
Precisely my experience installing the new Auxito's. Broke out the dremmel and shaved down a very small amout of the light's circle metal housing and the driver's side clip finally slid over. Was worth it.

· Registered
1,142 Posts
Precisely my experience installing the new Auxito's. Broke out the dremmel and shaved down a very small amout of the light's circle metal housing and the driver's side clip finally slid over. Was worth it.
I think I'll do that the next time I need to change lights.

· Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
1,457 Posts
What I'm referring to is I took apart my Gen 1 Insight headlight assemblies and installed HID bulbs with protector lenses. My question is can I remove the HIDs and install LEDs and good good lighting?

· Premium Member
1,550 Posts
There are very few aftermarket LEDs headlight bulbs that actually are good to use, because their beam patterns are not correct. In fact, none have DOT approval in the United States. I can't speak for the Auxito beam pattern. Personally, I have my eyes on the Osram Nightbreaker LED H4 bulbs. They are the only aftermarket LED headlight bulb to have regulatory approval in Europe.

LED Beam Pattern Video

· Registered
1,142 Posts
What I'm referring to is I took apart my Gen 1 Insight headlight assemblies and installed HID bulbs with protector lenses. My question is can I remove the HIDs and install LEDs and good good lighting?
Well the LED lights many of us are using is an OE replacement style. What I mean is they're trying to replicate the beam pattern by blocking the forward light and shining it to the side instead. Like with the ones I got it's not the best as there is some light scattering above the cut off, but some of that is due to my headlights needing to be cleaned. Regardless it's not as bad and pretty similar to how the halogen was. But for you with HIDs and your projector, was your projector meant for HIDs? If so I would just stick with HIDs, I think your overall light quality will be better. If the projector was made for halogen and you stuck an HID kit in it then you could try running a decent LED that was meant to replace that particular halogen bulb.

There are very few aftermarket LEDs headlight bulbs that actually are good to use, because their beam patterns are not correct. In fact, none have DOT approval in the United States. I can't speak for the Auxito beam pattern. Personally, I have my eyes on the Osram Nightbreaker LED H4 bulbs. They are the only aftermarket LED headlight bulb to have regulatory approval in Europe.
I imagine many LED manufacturers don't get DOT approval for the same reason many other products don't, they just don't want to pay. Those who do get DOT approval does say something, I'm just saying that if a product works regardless of DOT approval that's what matters. I need to readjust my headlights since I've never done it and I'm sure they've been jostled around, plus I need to clean them, but even so you can see with the LEDs I got there's a cut off with a bit of scattering above, but nothing out of the norm for someone with stock dirty headlights.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts