Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Added some long overdue LED fog lights...

super bright.
Lights cost $14.. install about an hour.

HID headlights with led fog lights work together well color wise.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HT642WY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

tell me your thoughts.
DAMN those are nice. Wish I saw your post earlier. I literally just bought fog lights on Amazon also and am looking to do the same setup as you. Why did you decide to put it under the grille and not the turning signals?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have my license flipped upside down so it sits over the middle of the lower grill. Theres exactly enough space on each side for them to fit perfectly. No damage to the car just zip tie them in and pull the wiring sraight up to the existing harness.

Also from an aesthetic standpoint i felt it looks more aggressive centered between the white hids

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DAMN those are nice. Wish I saw your post earlier. I literally just bought fog lights on Amazon also and am looking to do the same setup as you. Why did you decide to put it under the grille and not the turning signals?
Here's a good shot of how much of a difference they make. Before i had already great light visibility at night with the 35w HID's at 5500k

Now with the LED Fog lights the area right in front of the bumper to about 20 feet in front of the car is also amazingly well lit and blends perfectly into the HID light.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks freaking great. How do you have them hooked/wired up?
Hey believe it or not i found a really simple way to hook them up without cutting a single wire.

Just take off the clip on adapter that powers this stupid bulb that does nothing basically... see image below.

Literally took a power and ground wire and pulled enough length to attach to the led wiring to go directly in the power and ground socket on the face of the adapter. Electrical tape to neatly secure it.

That bulb is powered when you switch the lights to the first setting and if you need it to it can be all taken apart and put back to the factory set up within 5 minutes

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huh. That sounds super simple. Thanks!
no problem glad to share. I would also mention that the lights are all metal and practically Bulletproof but I read on reviews they sometimes will trap moisture inside so I took some Automotive silicone sealant from Home Depot and covered the exterior edge of the glass and the back of the light where the wiring enters. So far looks like it did the job perfectly in total the investment was about 25 bucks including the silicon and wiring since i didn't have any laying around

·
Registered
7 Posts
Impressive

I've been thinking about adding a set of fog light on my 2010 Insight since the day light time is getting shorter and I drive my Insight in the dark more frequently. I haven't been to this forum for years and I just came back to it and found the info. what exactly I was looking for.

I was wondering how you attach the fog lights without damaging the car. Could you show me more detail?

Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've been thinking about adding a set of fog light on my 2010 Insight since the day light time is getting shorter and I drive my Insight in the dark more frequently. I haven't been to this forum for years and I just came back to it and found the info. what exactly I was looking for.

I was wondering how you attach the fog lights without damaging the car. Could you show me more detail?

Thanks.
It's hard to show now that i put it all back together... just see my explanation above with the pictures and ask me any specific questions if you get stuck... I literally just zip tied the back of the lights which has holes around the columns on the bottom grill and jammed the hot wire and ground wire into the harness from that useless little corner light... no cutting ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMSxrzNgLFO/?taken-by=maxim_rick

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMSxrzNgLFO/?taken-by=maxim_rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I just ordered the same LED fog light from Amazon. I'm not really a handy man, but I will try installing it myself. It's only $15.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's done.

Finally, the fog lights are installed. Craven Speed made a prototype brackets which mount under the license plate for the light set. Thanks Craven Speed. DSC_1077.jpg

DSC_1079.jpg

DSC_1078.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I like the performance of the lights. It's brighter around. but it looks different from your photo. Did you buy a flood light or spot light? Mine is a flood light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HT642WY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LS0AP3W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I used the flood lights not spot lights. It's not going to light up the sky... that's where the HID's come in. They really just fill that gap between the bumper and where the headlights fill the light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks

"They really just fill that gap between the bumper and where the headlights fill the light.

I agree. Thanks a lot for all the info. you posted on this thread.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Just take off the clip on adapter that powers this stupid bulb that does nothing basically... see image below.

Literally took a power and ground wire and pulled enough length to attach to the led wiring to go directly in the power and ground socket...
That bulb is powered when you switch the lights to the first setting and if you need it to it can be all taken apart and put back to the factory set up within 5 minutes
So you run fog lights at all times when your headlights are on? You know this causes oncoming drivers a significant amount of extra glare, right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts