Honda Insight Forum banner

Would you go all electric or go back to the stock IMA?

• Stock Engine

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Monte Carlo Blue. All electric
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I received a 2003 Monte Carlo Blue Insight with the beginnings of an Azure Dynamics electric swap started before they went bankrupt. I’ve been working to finish this, so the car may roll once again. I need a windshield, wheel skirts and I wouldn’t say no to a new front bumper skin in blue.
Does anyone have experience painting these plastic parts? Recommend good paint?
Also, does anyone have good tips for pulling a good windshield from a parts car without breaking it? I’m at that point, but have broken the one only one Ive found so far.... very sad.
Lastly, I have silver parts for sale or trade, a very clean, if slightly worn, carpet sitting in my dry basement, extra seats (not ripped, but not very clean), and lots of little stuff!
Love or Hate electric? Answer the poll!
Adam

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Almost impossible to say - it's your car, time, money, etc. I'd have to see it. Having said that, I don't think I'd want to swap-in an electric system that's from a bankrupt company...

Windshield - no tips, but I seem to recall someone saying it's not easy, and someone else saying it's inexpensive to get it done with new - just remove the above door pillar moldings yourself, first, because they'll botch that part.

Paint - I've seen a thread or two around here, a few years ago, you should search for those. In my research in past, this company and paint has often been recommended by 'enthusiasts' (Miata and Insight); I think they have a lot of tips, too, at their website: Touch Up Paint and repair | AutomotiveTouchup

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Whatever you put into it to make it electronic you will never get back.

Especially now that manufacturers have electric cars on used market for u see $10,000 that will likely be better than what you can make.

Do it for the fun of it. But it won't be cost effective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts