Honda Insight Forum banner

LiBCM Open Beta: 47Ah FoMoCo Discussion

13655 Views 161 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  mudder
This thread is for any and all questions related to the 47Ah LiBCM project during the Open Beta period.
I will also start publishing my development updates here.

This thread - along with the entire 47Ah FoMoCo project - is in early alpha testing.
There is QTY1 prototype unit running in my car.
Open Beta ETA: 2022, late November

Fill out this form if you want to join the Open Beta waiting list.

Fill out this form if you want to purchase converted FoMoCo modules from me.
FYI: You can purchase cheaper FoMoCo modules here, but then you will need to convert them yourself... and also those modules are untested, and might have physical damage (particularly to the module's unprotected bottom).

If your comment isn't specifically related to LiBCM's 47Ah FoMoCo variant, please post it elsewhere:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
9,830 Posts
Well, I did ask didn't I? Fortunately I've already seen a lot more than a half ripe banana. I do like those handles:ROFLMAO:

· Super Moderator
9,830 Posts
I don't have any public comment on how Battery Hookup ships these modules. If anyone wants to post their Battery Hookup packaging experience, I'm sure the community would love to hear it.
[/UNQUOTE]
They ship them in a double corrugated box, two per box with most/all the same markings. After some of the first orders experienced damage, I e-mailed them raising hell about shipping damage. Mine arrived with not a nick, but who knows where the damage was occurring in the first place. They used a lot of foam wrap and stryafoam peanuts but still not the high density foam blocks I suggested.

Just now I looked at the shipping document. The only description of the materials is "class 9, 55 lbs.

"
Lithium Battery Shipping Overview
PGH Safety
April 2019
Class 9 Miscellaneous Label exception for lithium battery packages imported into the domestic US.
The DOT has issued an interpretation letter that permits shippers of lithium batteries to leave the Class 9
miscellaneous label still affixed to the package and still take advantage of the exceptions offered for
domestic ground shipping in the 48 contiguous states. This means that the shipper does not need to
remove or cover the Class 9 label on the package in order to ship as a partially regulated package
(similar to an ORM-D). Therefore, these packages do not need shipping papers, such as a Hazmat
Certification [OP-950] or OP-900 Hazmat tags. These packages will not need to be packaged in UN
POP (performance oriented packaging), nor are they subject to the hazmat surcharge. The
packages must display a battery handling mark to qualify for this exception. The packages are
likely to be marked similar to this example when shipped by ground. Note that there are no OP-900
tags on this packag " the quote from the Fedex site.
Man, I feel for you. What a rotten rabbit hole:mad:

· Super Moderator
9,830 Posts
Are there enough Mid-Atlantic customers to make pallet shipping to me an option? Remember that I already have my packs and will be testing them with my PL8 equipment.:)

· Super Moderator
9,830 Posts
Just thinking, 12V is available in the left rear of the IPU for the MPI fan. Perhaps the stock battery fan could also be operated through a diode and a thermostatic switch??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts