Honda Insight Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh I've only been uploading the HMI files to the Nextion using a microSD card.
This is the way. You can upload with the UART via USB to serial also and is how I did it initially but if you go to higher buad rates the firmware update can soft brick if there is an error during the upload.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,378 Posts
Tried to on Serial1 with Serial1.end(); Serial1.begin(38400,SERIAL_8E1); But it didn't seem to work. Either the Nextion didn't take it or Serial1 stayed at 9600.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tried to on Serial1 with Serial1.end(); Serial1.begin(38400,SERIAL_8E1); But it didn't seem to work. Either the Nextion didn't take it or Serial1 stayed at 9600.
SERIAL_8E1 is wrong... Nextion doesn't use parity and you enabled it with that.

Just do Seral1.begin(38400); with the default settings which are actually 8N1. Which is 8bits No parity and 1 stop bit.

Also as I mentioned before you have to have bauds=38300 executed somewhere within the HMI project be it in the screen init or Program.s

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,378 Posts
No, and I haven't been able to work on it in a few days. I did order a 3D printed case so that should come in soon.

Reactions: cb88

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,378 Posts
FYI: LiBCM isn't presently reporting current or power while grid charging... but it will soon. So if you're wondering why your data always reports 0 amps, that's why.
Yeah right now I'm just trying to get some basic info. Going to add fan status next. Been working out bugs with the other two screens (splash and driving screen) also. Splash screen seems to be working 100% now.

Latest grid charge screen:

Vehicle Audio equipment Gadget Font Vehicle audio

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,378 Posts
In case anyone gets a Nextion early:

LiDisplay tft file download:

LiBCM 0.7.8 with LiDisplay alpha code added on top:

Note:
This is unstable and incomplete code which might have bugs//errors and it might lock up your display or display inaccurate information! Use at own risk!

Reactions: mudder

·
Linsight Designer
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I was unable to load the firmware due to a model mismatch:
Updater says: "Model does not match. Device Model: NX4832K035_011R"
My Nextion HW is NX4832K035_011

I think these two model numbers are one and the same, and the Nextion Updater wording is odd. I think it's telling me what hardware I have, not which hardware the firmware is compiled for.
Regardless, probably an easy fix: just recompile the code for my screen type (or let me know which hardware you're using and I'll buy that version).

Here's a boring video:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was unable to load the firmware due to a model mismatch:
Updater says: "Model does not match. Device Model: NX4832K035_011R"
My Nextion HW is NX4832K035_011

I think these two model numbers are one and the same, and the Nextion Updater wording is odd. I think it's telling me what hardware I have, not which hardware the firmware is compiled for.
Regardless, probably an easy fix: just recompile the code for my screen type (or let me know which hardware you're using and I'll buy that version).

Here's a boring video:
Can you verify that the model you have is a touchscreen that model does come with in a N version that doesn't have a touchscreen. Also did it update the firmware when you connected it? It should have as usually they ship with a little older version than the latest HMI has in it?

Normally the screens have an R or C suffix for Resistive or Capacitive touchscreen.

The NX4827P043-011C from the Intelligent series is what I'd suggest... you can get much fancier with that model in the HMI (page load effects, object transparency etc.., and it has a peizo speaker that can play wav files for only $14 extra which in the grand scheme of things is nothing) the Inteligent screens can also play animations etc... I'd only go with the lower featured screens on mass produced budget projects.

Edit: also I remembered incorrectly it has a speaker header but you have to buy the speaker separately. Nextion BOX Speaker

Also I don't remember if the firmware on the screen auto updates from SD card... you might want to connect it to a PC via USB serial adapter and update the firmware (it will do this when you upload to the screen if I remember correctly).

Edit 2: yeah the C vs R vs N suffix does NOT matter... its probalby just a corrupted file.
Struggling to convert to NX4832T035_011R · Issue #48 · HASwitchPlate/HASPone these guys had the same issue and a recompile fixed it... also I'd make sure you are on the same firmware version as it was compiled from. 1.63.3 has been the latest for a long time.

·
Linsight Designer
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Thanks for the troubleshooting advice. I'll wait for @Natalya to verify the firmware file is working on her end, and that she does in fact have the same hardware base version.

I just verified my unit is the latest version (using the FAQ on Nextion's website).

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,378 Posts
@mudder This makes perfect sense. I've got the NX4832T035_011 version and that's what it was compiled for.

Try now:

I've got a version of it compiled for the K type device you have.

·
Linsight Designer
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
Ah, so you have the "Basic" version, versus my "Enhanced".
Nextion has too many models. Trying it out now.

It's working:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nextion has too many models.
Amen to that, which is why I've been going with the full featured models only... on the other hand if you program against the basic model it will work on all models if recompiled but (you won't get access to all the features). And if you use higher features and load it on a lower one... it will just ignore that it won't show what you intended and can even be glitchy in some cases.

Also they recently added EVEN MORE models with the discovery line of screens... The Discovery ones are basically a BASIC HMI with a faster MCU and better image compression so you can fit a larger HMI in a basic model I guess... they should just discontinue the old basic though if they are gonna make this.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,378 Posts
Screen button doesn't do anything yet. Well, it sends a message saying the button was pressed to LiBCM but there's no code to read the message yet.

I'm wondering why your grid charging page isn't showing properly? Mine's got more info:
Font Gadget Gas Technology Audio equipment

Sorry for glare but I think you can see what I mean.

On the LiDisplay branch there are like 4 commits, so maybe you downloaded it before I had put in the most recent one? LiDisplay.cpp should be 581 lines. If it is 581 lines long then I'd have to see what serial monitor says when you plug in the grid charger.

Everything on the grid charge page should work, except for the AMP counter that's bugged, as you mentioned it would be earlier, so I haven't worked on it yet. CHRG TIME also needs some work. Right now if you plug it in, it charges for 3 hours, gets full, it'll say 3 hours but if it runs the fans later and then at the 7 hour mark it has to charge again the charge time will jump all the way up. It shouldn't take much effort to fix that.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,378 Posts
Oh the LCD should work too I just updated config.h to undefine LCD_4X20_CONNECTED

Reactions: mudder

·
Linsight Designer
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Screen button doesn't do anything yet. Well, it sends a message saying the button was pressed to LiBCM but there's no code to read the message yet.

I'm wondering why your grid charging page isn't showing properly? Mine's got more info:
View attachment 98355

Sorry for glare but I think you can see what I mean.

On the LiDisplay branch there are like 4 commits, so maybe you downloaded it before I had put in the most recent one? LiDisplay.cpp should be 581 lines. If it is 581 lines long then I'd have to see what serial monitor says when you plug in the grid charger.

Everything on the grid charge page should work, except for the AMP counter that's bugged, as you mentioned it would be earlier, so I haven't worked on it yet. CHRG TIME also needs some work. Right now if you plug it in, it charges for 3 hours, gets full, it'll say 3 hours but if it runs the fans later and then at the 7 hour mark it has to charge again the charge time will jump all the way up. It shouldn't take much effort to fix that.
My LiDisplay.cpp is 581 lines, with MD5: e55eb808741de5e2640a6e854ffdf3e3
I'm still not seeing the grid charger data. Here's the log file:

Attachments

81 - 100 of 102 Posts