Honda Insight Forum banner

LiBCM Touch Screen Discussion

9534 Views 166 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Natalya
This thread is for discussing any and all features for LiBCM's touch screen. No idea is too crazy!

For my R&D testing, I've purchased the $50 'enhanced' display, but my goal is to design the firmware to work on any 480x320 Nextion display (basic, discovery, or enhanced series). This display's viewable area is about the size of a credit card:

Once the Nextion firmware gets underway, I'll provide a Nextion 10' cable to anyone who wants one.

Timeline:
I don't expect to develop ANY Nextion features for several months. However, @Natalya expressed interest in possibly designing the Nextion firmware, hence I've started this thread as a public discussion for what we want the display to display.

Why Nextion?
I'm not committed to it... if you have other ideas, convince me why I should use them. Note that any display that will work with LiBCM must support all commands and graphics sent from a standard UART.
161 - 167 of 167 Posts

· Premium Member
245 Posts
I've been doing so well on old lidisplay with old libcm main that I'm afraid to guinea pig the merge :). Waiting till Mudder does the 'official' merge to main. Been gunshy ever since I toasted my pack.

· Registered
313 Posts
New LiDisplay has worked fine. No abnormalities compared to the old firmware.
I do need to report that with old and new I do not receive data during grid charging.
Detail - have seen gridcharging data twice. Not sure what I did differently when data displayed. I grid charge 5 days/week.

Attachments

· Linsight Designer
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Thoughts:
LiBCM actually 1-indexes the cells (so the first cell is #1, and the last cell is #48).

Block 'B' (the middle module):
-is the only module that changes between 18S-/18S+/12S+ and 18S-/18S-/12S+.
-The physical direction of the cells depends on whether 'B' is 18S+ or 18S-.

If you're planning to add support for FoMoCo, then you'll need to plan for up to five 12S "blocks".

161 - 167 of 167 Posts