Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Headlight replacement guide

The glovebox light pops right out, its just in a really small space. I used pliers to grab the bulb and pull it out. Just be careful not to break it.

The license plate lights are kinda tricky, but you don't need to take the hatch apart.

Just push left or right on the light housing (I think its different for each side) and pull down.

This video kinda demonstrates it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1T35HKgTQY
Hi,great info ref number plate light replacement,but can't find any you tube tutorial on headlight bulb replacement,have a G2 2010 insight , wondering if it's like the civic replacement guide? thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tried that, but for the life of me, I can't get the HB3/)005 hi-beam out of their case, I twist them, they come lose, but removing is impossible because I can't get them out :-(

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
34 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My insight curently is using HID on the low beam. I was thinking to change the foglight bulb to either silver star white bulb or the LED type bulb. Any advice which is better? Not going to use HID on the foglight, it is just to hassle to do it and too bright for a foglight.

I read somewhere about hid and led will make the projector lens foggies in long run. Is that true?
I found out in other cars that HID's are terrible to have as high beams in cars that turn off the low beam when the high beams are on as the time it takes for hid's to get bright meants a few seconds of near total darkness, which in a situation of needing more sight you get nothing.

But atleast on my base 2012 it leaves lows on during high, the only downside to that is the white hid next to a yellowish halogen makes the halogens look like yellow.

Think switch both low and high to led's when I get a chance.

·
Registered
359 Posts
TBH I'd love to do the same but having googled and researched ref HIDs I think it's too much hassle unless there's link to fit them specifically to a honda insight I wouldn't bother,osrsm night breaker's significantly improved my main lights on my last insight so I reckon I'm going to go with them before the winter comes here( most of my driving is rural / hilly , winding country roads - narrow - without road lines etc)so decent lights are a must

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
34 Posts
Thanks for all the useful guidelines. Seems like a bad idea using this led bulb for my fog light. I was actually considering either white halogen bulb or led bulb.
What about those Philips white bulb or superstar white bulb with 5000k. Are these bulbs any good or maybe better than using led bulb?
No such thing as white halogen , it's just no capable of anything close to 5K . I have tried every " silver star" etc and was never satisfied.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Interior Lights
  • Dome light [DE3175] (L – 1.25in/31.7mm / Dia – 0.406in/10.3mm): white
  • Map lights (2) [DE3175] (L – 1.25in/31.7mm / Dia – 0.406in/10.3mm): white
DE3175 cross references to:

3022, 3175 DE3022, 6428, DE3021, 7065, DE3175, DE3022LL, DE3021LL, DE3175LL

21 - 32 of 32 Posts