Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did an extensive search but couldn't come up with anytime. But, forgive me if this has been discussed.

I'm looking at buying an Insight and a forum member test drove it for me. Here is their synopsis of what the car is doing:

"the weird thing that would happen is this: when I was driving (at no particular speed) a couple of times a lot of lights came on at the same time: the shift up indicator, the gas light, the check engine light, and the needs oil light. I'm not sure how comfortable you are with older cars, troubleshooting, and doing maintenance yourself but I wouldn't say it's 100% reliable. the battery still seems to be ok and it's charging and discharging ok, but all those lights on the dash was totally weird and might take some work to figure out what's wrong. "

I know the car has been maintained really well, but has been in two accidents on the passenger side extensive enough to show up on Carfax. I've owned cars that have had low juice in the charging system and have behaved very similar to what this one was doing. These of course, were cars with an alternator and did so when the alternator was going out. So this is a tough egg to crack.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

-cory

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,920 Posts
Check all the ground wire for cleanness and connection.!
HTHG
Willie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts