Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been irrita Y'all for two years now. I think y'all are all great. Here's the good news my new Job forces me to drive a diesel truck to work 130 miles round-trip.I have trailer tires on my 250 Ford diesel. 80 pounds PSI side wall yes that's write 120 pounds PSI is what I run. And I carry 200 gallons of diesel to work . I've had the truck 16 years 315 miles per tank is the best ever. Until today 622 miles to one tank. That save me $13 a day. Just wanted to say thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What? You're leaving us? Say it ain't so, SpongePedal SquareNate, say it ain't so!

You're, just about, the only reason I come here, just to see if one of your rolling, ticking, timebomb tires, that are pumped so high you can see the air through them, has finally exploded on you, yet. Well, that, and for the vast repository of Insight technical info and knowledge, too, primarily, but you're a close second!

If you don't have plans for next weekend, you really should try to make an appearance over in Frederick, MD, at the Mid-Atlantic Maint. Day. Just be sure to park more that 100ft from the rest of us; no one likes to get hit by car tire shrapnel. I know I don't.

Any way you can do some aero mod's to your truck, to get your mpg's up into double digits? I think you should throw a sponge under its gas pedal, just to see if you can keep it in lean burn, while EOC'ing down hill in it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well honestly for my next endeavor I'm going to get a Batman cable fire it a semitruck. And have a ski rope handle on the other end.i'm one second Behind them anyway . I don't use air-conditioning so my window will be down I'll just grab ski rope and leave my car in neutral..: edit do a quick read on bicycle gears. I would like to separate motor from transmission reconnect 3 inch sprocket pully to motor Drive and a 1 inch to the transmission connect with a belt get my transmission higher range. And Pamela Anderson's Home address.lose 20 pounds look 20 years younger make a lot more money than I do. Just remember keep your pressure up if you're a. tire. Have had a lot of fun on here some of the best people ever !

·
Registered
612 Posts
You definitely need to stick around, AND drive your supercar up here next weekend so we can instrument it and figure out how you get such great mileage!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well honestly for my next endeavor I'm going to get a Batman cable fire it a semitruck. And have a ski rope handle on the other end.i'm one second Behind them anyway . I don't use air-conditioning so my window will be down I'll just grab ski rope and leave my car in neutral..: edit do a quick read on bicycle gears. I would like to separate motor from transmission reconnect 3 inch sprocket pully to motor Drive and a 1 inch to the transmission connect with a belt get my transmission higher range. And Pamela Anderson's Home address.
Just do this. Pam can drive, while you pedal.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the little yellow space savers. I had a normal re92 100psi on the front power steering delete I could feel resistance when I turn. 130 psi space savers I can't feel them in a turn no electric steering . All the stuff Helps but it's in small tires and lots of pressure .

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's true my tractor is 540 hp which means it does the work 5400 people. But you would need three different groups of 5400 to take rest breaks and have One group working all the time. Olympic athlete Can muster up one fourth Horsepower. One horse power equals 550 pounds being raised 1 foot in one second or 1 inch 12 times in one second.in in 2010 I squated 1000 pounds one time in five hours .there is a video of it.and my neck only p0ped three times.back to the sponge or future. The sponge under the gas pedal worked !best for me. The first time I tried something of that nature after reading about the TPS for $50 from the guy in Australia .I glued a brick size sponge under my shoe. It worked great mileage was wonderful but I walked around in circles for a week. I took the sponge off my shoe and I walk around circles the other way. So now I have to walk around with two sponges under both feet on both shoes .they noticed me doing this year's ago when I first came up with it and made a movie "walking tall"!

·
Registered
254 Posts
"in 2010 I squated 1000 pounds one time in five hours."

Honestly, NC, nobody makes me laugh like you do!

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's true my tractor is 540 hp which means it does the work 5400 people. But you would need three different groups of 5400 to take rest breaks and have One group working all the time. Olympic athlete Can muster up one fourth Horsepower. One horse power equals 550 pounds being raised 1 foot in one second or 1 inch 12 times in one second.in in 2010 I squated 1000 pounds one time in five hours .there is a video of it.and my neck only p0ped three times.back to the sponge or future. The sponge under the gas pedal worked !best for me. The first time I tried something of that nature after reading about the TPS for $50 from the guy in Australia .I glued a brick size sponge under my shoe. It worked great mileage was wonderful but I walked around in circles for a week. I took the sponge off my shoe and I walk around circles the other way. So now I have to walk around with two sponges under both feet on both shoes .they noticed me doing this year's ago when I first came up with it and made a movie "walking tall"!
But you're assuming that all 5,400 workers have Union cards; and thus would receive mandated work breaks. Take the card away from 2,700 of them, and suddenly, that resultant mathematical, 550 lbs per ft per sec, of work product derivative, gets a mandatory raise, even if they don't. But they shouldn't complain, at least THEY still all have jobs. But you know what they say: "There's NAFTA workhorses in Mexico."

And just what type of sponges are we talking about here, anyway? Sea sponges, or cellulose? I'm guessing cellulose, and that that's what the C in your handle must stand for? But hey, at least you stand for something, even if a bit lopsided whenever you're not wearing both platform sponge shoes at the same time. Who says chivalry is dead? You needn't shuck off your cape, and drape it across a puddle, just jump in it, like everything yucky in life, with both feet, and suck it up!

*Oh dear gawd, I'm starting to channel Nathan. Help me, please!*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts