Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used '04 Insight and have a question re: the simple chorme lock switch on the drivers door. It looks sort of like a window switch. The one on mine does absolutely nothing, and the manual shows it but does not refer to its operation at all, instead saying to use the lock paddle switches. Is this thing supposed to function, or did Honda just grab a lock assembly out of the parts bin and not hook up the switch? (Since they are using an audio system that refers to "tape/CD", but there's no tape player, this is maybe not a stretch.)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
There's no chrome "lock switch" on my driver's door (rhd). The only chromed item is the door handle for opening the door from the inside. Just in front of the handle I have a black plastic "switch" to lock the door. They both works. My Insight is 2001.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,882 Posts
switch

On my 01 Insight, the switch you are referring to is the "manual lock" for the door. It is electrically operated. By pushing "down" the red indicator next to the switch will appear black, indicating the door is locked. When "red" the door is unlocked. Ditto for the passenger side. Can also operate both doors by the switches on the dash.
Don't know about your year.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi Valiant118 and welcome to the forum. :)

With the door closed it should actuate the door locks. if not then check the system with the keyless. If the keyless works then there's a malfunction in the switch circuit branch, possibly as simple as the switch not plugged in.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your feedback. As it turns out I pulled off the drivers side inner door latch & swith assembly and found out the switch was unplugged. I hooked it back up and it now works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts