Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original UK car. This is the cheapest car in the UK to own. I've had it since 2007 and done 60,000 miles (now totals 114,000 miles) and it's averaged 70mpg all that time. It has saved me over £5,000 in fuel costs during this time compared to the MX-5 that I drove before. Only 200 of these hybrid vehicles were officially imported into the UK and this is one in arguable the most appealing colour. It's a proper hybrid so it's Congestion Charge free, (for £10 a year, you can drive in and out of the congestion area in London as many times as you please).

Usual full spec, climate control, remote central locking, ABS etc...

Only modification is the bluetooth CD player which comes with a remote control and cost £300 when new. Although I prefer to drive in silence myself. Is such a beautiful car to own and drive.

Battery condition: Ok, it's not perfect, but it is still working. What I mean by that is that it charges and de-charges and you get power from it when you need it (up hills and over taking), but sadly it doesn't last that long (about 20 seconds). Still, there are ways around this, a new battery, a re-furbishment or even take it out and have a very light run about.

0-60: 10 seconds
Top speed: 110mph
Chassis: Aluminium
Bodywork: Plastic body panels
Engine: 70hp 1 litre, 3 cyclinder with 20hp equivilent battery power
COD: 0.27, making it the most aerodynamic car ever mass produced.

CAR HISTORY:
1. 2000-2001 Honda demo car
2. 2001-2006 Owned by BP (fuel company) and used to test fuels (kept in a lock up garage
3. 2006-2007 Bought at car auction in Norfolk and driven by the tradesman for a year who didn't really want to part with it
4. 2007-now Bought by myself at 55,000 miles (ownership went to my Dad in 2010 but I am now selling it again on his behalf).

Reason for sale: I moved to London and don't need it any more.

About me: I love cars, I have a degree in car design, I even set up a car company (Toniq Ltd) and love the Insight and even bought an original brochure for the car - which you will get if you buy this one. In 2007 I searched for months to find this car and spent every penny I owned buying it (literally).

£4,950

Contact me direct on 07815 056 026

The car is located in London. First come first served.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Good luck with the sale. The price may be a little high for the mileage, but it's nearly impossible to value these things as they do rarely come up for sale.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice looking car Will but given it looks like it needs a £2k battery change (3 month waiting list) the price is far more than I'd go.

Best bet is to stick it on EBay and see how you get on. The 2003 CVT that started up at £4995 ended up sold for £3200 and it
had a healthy IMA. Saying that, another CVT with a duff IMA got £3100
so the pricing is all over the place!

Regards

DES

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your feedback, after consideration, I am lowering the price to £3,500 for this Gen 1 Insight. Also worth adding that the car had a new exhaust last year with a new cat (cost £1350+vat) and has four new Michelin tyres too. Of course the big issue is in fixing the battery so that it works as good as new - an issue that you would have with many Gen1 insights of this age. However - if you're considering doing some work/spending some money on doing this to one of these cars, this is a clean early example to start with.

I welcome any advice and offers, whatever they might be. Come for a test drive, this sports coupe for the 21st century was built to be driven after all!

Kind regards, Will

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if he is a member, but we did chat about this website and he's a real enthusiast so it's gone to a good home. Sad to see her go, great car.

WillB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts