·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
:cry:

·
Registered
495 Posts
OUCH!

Really makes you mad doesn't it, that some one would dare do that to another's property?

While the odds are the individual(s) involved will be found, it's a safe bet the or they will not be physically harmed; remember what happened to that idiot and his friend in Singapore about three or four years ago, the ones that spray painted several cars? When it comes to what I refer to at the "mental midges", those who engage in such nonsense, we should be doing that here - with them.

Fred

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Sorry to see that Mark. Scum that do that make me very angry. :evil:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Oh, man, that hurts... :( condolences... :(

Here in Texas we can legally shoot people who are trying to hijack our stuff... don't misunderstand me, I have nothing I possess (except My Beloved, if it can be said I "possess" her... as free a spirit as she is, but you now what I mean) that I would take someone's life over. :shock:

But I'd volunteer to at least kneecap this lowlife, so he'd remember the error of his ways with every other step he took for the rest of his miserable life,,, :badgrin:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Mark

Sorry to see that. What a mess - why break the side window though to nick the stereo? Glad i just have the honda radio cassette

You were going to sell later this year - maybe this will make you want to sell it sooner

Regards
John

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ugh...

Same thing happened to me, partially--smashed in that window, but they didn't nip anything (guessing they were interrupted) in broad daylight in the parking lot by work.

The good (good?) news is that window replacement for me was only $300 and it took just two days to get parts. :oops:

·
Registered
570 Posts
That really sucks :evil: Happened to me years ago right in front of the house with a policeman living across the street. They wanted my radar detector. Never found who did it. That's why I hide my Sirius radio whenever I park anywhere, even if I'm only going to be a minute. I hope they at least cut themselves up breaking in.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I lock the glovebox, install a club (it slows them down, anyway), take the stereo face, etc. etc.

One thing I like about our cars is that the speakers are well hidden.

Be careful of glass in the rear pockets, btw. I'm still finding some in my car.

·
Registered
804 Posts
jack9994 said:
Mark

Sorry to see that. What a mess - why break the side window though to nick the stereo? Glad i just have the honda radio cassette

You were going to sell later this year - maybe this will make you want to sell it sooner

Regards
John
Jokes kind of on him to break in to get a tape player.

Still sad to see you have to get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It had a fairly high end Pioneer CD/MP3 player.

It's being replaced by a newer model of same value on insurance, so I'll at least have a better stereo.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That is absolutely terrible. My condolences! If I caught someone doing that to my car, they'd be very disappointed to find out it would be very hard to out run me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
sorry to hear that... I can't believe people still steal radios in an age of identity theft and internet crime. Amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, 1 week on & there has been nothing done to th car, the insurance engineer still has not been out ti authorise the repair.

I'm not very happy :(

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mark Elvin said:
... nothing done to th car, the insurance engineer still has not been out ti authorise the repair.
(
This may not be of much comfort but a week really isn't all that much time for such affairs but do keep notes, a written log, in dated order of what happened, when, who you talked to etc.

And a letter (no phone calls) to your insurance company asking about when you might expect to see the adjuster might help push things along - and do keep a copy for your own records. And if you're not familiar with it, there's a dollar or so service from the post office called "proof of mailing" which you might want to avail yourself of - proof that you did mail something to that insurance company and on what date.

Hope this helps some.

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The assesor is now querying the price of the parts & the Honda labour rate.

I am pretty naffed of with my insurance company now, I'll not be renewing with them next month that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the car back, supposedly fully repaired.

2 screws missing from dash, therefore dash rattles, oil over the door cards & the dent on the rear 3/4 panel is still there.

Naffed off is not the word.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
But I am very happy to have her back.

Having been without her for nearly 2 months I realise what a special car she is & will not be selling her for a while now.

I'm going to treat her to a classy working sharks fin aerial when I find a nice one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts