Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, I'm all excited that the local dealership that told me these cars don't exist got one in on trade! Its a 2000 Silver 5speed with 91k miles on it. The car is in good shape, it has a crease in the rear drivers side fender between the door and the wheel cover, they are asking $8995 for it, it was traded for a new Civic HB, whats a good lowball offer?/ What do you think the trade value was? The A/C doesn't currenty work, but they said that it would be fixed before they sold it. Autostop works perfectly at 19mph, and the LMPG is 52 or 54...

Just Curious,
Tim

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi Tim

A/C and a creased quarter panel can be BIG bucks to _correctly_ repair (don't go home with just a AC "added refrigerant" fix, without additional time covered in writing, the longer the better). I'd also "worry" about alignment and suspension damage related to the quarter panel.

Get a pre-purchase inspection from a trusted local mechanic before making any offers.

As far as what Insights have been selling for as of late the Buy-Sell forum has enough history to give an idea. I'd also look at KBB.com and Edmonds.com.

With the damage you describe and the potential costs of the AC an asking price of $8995 seems sky high IMO.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely agree, I was thinking $7k neighborhood. The crease isn't bad, but its noticeable. Lucky for me, I finally tracked down the gentleman who responded to my Craigslist wanted ad, and he has a 2000 Citrus Green Metallic 5speed with 109k miles on it, 64.2LMPG 4 snow tires etc. I'm checking that out thursday morning, price is 'between $5000 and $7000' directly quoted.

He claims to have had an "expensive thing replaced at 80,004 miles, made the check engine light stay on- it cost like $700 but honda covered it because it was only 4 miles over warrantee"
Any ideas what that might be?

I Guess when it rains it pours!

The car (and me) is located in Upstate NY

Tim

If I choose one over the other, I will happily pass on the information to anyone interested on here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:lol: hehe its always kinda been a secret desire... :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts