Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Insight, 2001 Insight
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking for a mentor or two as I undertake some repairs that are a little out of my realm of experience on a new-to-me 2001 Insight. I've got a shop manual, some mechanical experience, respect for electricity, and a strong desire to learn more about these cars (had one in the past, sold it, now have two plus a parts car). What I don't have is a great deal of spare time, so I would appreciate a person or two who would be willing to answer some fairly basic questions when I get stumped and help me make some judgement calls.
Initially, my questions are going to be about reviving a car that has been sitting for a long time (fluid flushes, charge/discharge, ?).
Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 5MT Insight w/ warm air intake, grid charger and more!
151 Posts
You can feel free to message me with any questions! I was in the same situation when I bought my G1, IMA wasn’t working, needed a bit of maintenance, had very high mileage etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I would appreciate a person or two who would be willing to answer some fairly basic questions when I get stumped and help me make some judgement calls.
That's pretty much what a forum is for. Now if you want personal one on one advice, that will be $75/hour. :LOL:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If you would like to know something. I’ve already asked a lot of the questions you’re going to ask. And if I’m not sure I’m right I’ll ask somebody smarter than me which is everybody on here.

some of the nicest people ever are here.

i’ve had my car 4 years. I have replaced an O2 sensor changed the oil once a year. And had two flat tires. And I’m driving a car that cost me $700. Bad Paint bad ima battery equals to me a free car. My brother gives $700 a month for car just so he can have a girlfriend. Not kidding. And that’s for five years. I just got $700 in one car. And he’s smarter than I am.

Anyway there’s 10 people on here that I consider Einstein geniuses. and there’s another guy on here name Sam to me is the nicest person I have ever met in my life. And Echy is nicer than he is and so on and so on.
I love the smell of aluminum in the morning
I also put three spark plugs in my cousin give them to me free so why not.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I’m driving without the IMA Battery took it out. Makes the car 70 less pounds..https://youtu.be/c9OZLoJG4RU.
The member that made this video to me compared to me is a genius. Anytime you see anything that he’s written on insight central study.it.

·
Linsight Designer
2,972 Posts
I’m driving without the IMA Battery took it out. Makes the car 70 less pounds..https://youtu.be/c9OZLoJG4RU.
The member that made this video to me compared to me is a genius. Anytime you see anything that he’s written on insight central study.it.
That's me. Thanks for the praise. Please don't take my prose as canon... there's plenty I don't know.

At some point I'd love for someone to condense that video down into the 5 minutes of actual content it contains. I'll never make the time to do it, but I support whomever does.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If it were not for a very few people on this channel. I would not have my car. I have learned so much about aerodynamics. Inertial mass.
Lean burn 1,000,001 things about batteries solar arrays oh and an air pressure gauge fixes everything.

it has been my delight for the last 4 1/2 years to get to know you fellas thanks to everyone who has anything to do with insight central.

I love the smell of aluminum in the morning🤓

·
Registered
06 Insight, 2000 Insight MT, 2011 Insight
8 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking for a mentor or two as I undertake some repairs that are a little out of my realm of experience on a new-to-me 2001 Insight. I've got a shop manual, some mechanical experience, respect for electricity, and a strong desire to learn more about these cars (had one in the past, sold it, now have two plus a parts car). What I don't have is a great deal of spare time, so I would appreciate a person or two who would be willing to answer some fairly basic questions when I get stumped and help me make some judgement calls.
Initially, my questions are going to be about reviving a car that has been sitting for a long time (fluid flushes, charge/discharge, ?).
Thanks!
I'm just up the road from you in Unity, Waldo Co. and have more than a few years under my belt with general auto electronic systems. I'd be happy to offer what I can. Send a PM and we can exchange phone #.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts