Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 Insight EX w/ Navi (I basically only use the screen for back-up camera as everything else is better on my phone) and I want to upgrade it to an aftermarket unit. Here is what I'm looking for:

1. Sub $300 price
2. Decent screen quality, preferably on the bigger side
3. Android Auto / Apple Carplay support are must-haves.
4. Ability to connect and use my back-up camera when reversing
5. Good audio support
6. Ability to use my steering wheel controls

I've been looking for this stuff on Amazon and I found the following: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TLB83DB/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

It ticks the boxes for me and my only reservation is the low number of reviews and not being sure if it will work well on my car. I thought I'd ask around here in case any of you guys have done it already and if you recommend any units.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Plenty of options to choose from! Just pick a seller with reviews. Android Auto/Car Play is something that will push the price up a bit. I just installed an Android 9 unit in mine and totally love it, only cost about $200.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Plenty of options to choose from! Just pick a seller with reviews. Android Auto/Car Play is something that will push the price up a bit. I just installed an Android 9 unit in mine and totally love it, only cost about $200.
Did u install it yourself?if so was it difficult? What name and spec is it? Any pics? Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fair enough, it is not like you'll be using the head unit everyday or something right.
Head unit cost about $200 from eBay and install cost about $100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts