Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDITED: I’m trying to find a diagram of the MY2000 ECM with all its connections, similar to the BCM or MCM ones within the IMA diagram that Mudder provided. I have an Insight 2000-2006 Electrical Troubleshooting manual (ETM) (and 2000-2004 Service Manual) and can’t find any wiring diagrams for the ECM. I find the plug Connector Views and one plug’s partial wiring on the IMA schematic but I need to view all plug connections. There seems to be lots of blank pages and nothing between pgs 155 -201. I scoured Mike Dabrowski’s web site and scoured the Google Docs collection of documents. I've searched this web site using the horrible Search tool. What am I missing? Is there an additional ETM ? Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
Afaik, there are no schematics of the internals of any of the "black boxes." Honda chose not to share that information.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
To be clear, I'm looking for any schematic that includes the connectors and the pin and connector numbers, not the internals. I'm looking for where the wires go, by color, pin number and connector.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,577 Posts
This wasn't any help?

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
OK, from this "I’m trying to find a schematic of the MY2000 ECM and all its connectors," I took it you were looking for the internals of the ECM. At any rate, the various connections, pin numbers and signal names is all in the ETM. It is unfortunately spread out so you have to do quite a bit of looking to find it all in the schematics. The plugs are a little easier and are shown on p. 202-46 &202-47. From there you can get the wire codes and the signal names.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Like jime says, there are connections all over the schematics. Really disappointed.
So I put all the connections in a spreadsheet so others may have the info.
EDIT: it's come to my attention that connector information should be included.

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
I like how you've organized this, by system.

I've used the service manual page with the four connectors (A, B, C, D) all on the same page as a master reference, and from there, if I recall correctly, it takes you to the schematics for the external circuit, where you can figure out what the connector name actually means and how it is wired differently over the years. (I think there are a couple of errors in it, so it's important to verify the connections).

The kicker is that there are significant differences between MT and CVT, and between 00-01, 02-04, and (to a lesser extent) 05-06. The biggest differences are between MT and CVT. The next biggest differences are 00-01 and 02+, MT, which is when they switched over from NTK to Denso LAF sensors which included a major change inside the ECM as well as the module handling the LAF sensor became a Denso in 02+. Also, in the 05-06 there is a change to the ignition circuit from earlier years, and a pair of brake pressure sensors appeared in those years.

One way to find out which ECM goes with which car is to visit one of the Honda dealer parts sites that shows the parts in photos, then look up that ECM for a given model year and transmission version. When you navigate to the ECM in the photos and pull it up, it will list compatible ECMs. Do that for every year and version (MT or CVT) and the list grows. But it does not list every ECM seen on, say, eBay or mentioned here.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just added connector information to post #7. I included information about CTV and/or model years where appropriate. FYI I noticed on the pages for O2 sensors that the pin numbers remain mostly the same between years but the wire color changes sometimes. I also double-checked the pins. I may have overlooked something or miss-typed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts