Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where I might be able to pick up some? I'd like to have an optional pair for some plastic surgery I'd like to attempt on my insight.

please send me an email at rob (at) paraminion (dot) org

thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I'm pretty sure he sold both on eBay. I picked up one for $48 shipped a few months ago. You posted to the Yahoo group with a price you were willing to pay. I think your way too low on price there. They list for $215, wholesale is about $160k. Just considering what they bring on ebay, I think your project is going to be more expensive than you were hoping.

Curious, what were you planning to do? Cut it so it was more like there is no skirt there?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick said:
I think your way too low on price there.
thanks for the ... knowledge. (biting my toungue on a horrid horrid pun)

Rick said:
Curious, what were you planning to do? Cut it so it was more like there is no skirt there?
you got it! she wants to show a little bit o' leg ;p

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Robgobbler:

___There was a used Insight on Ebay from Louisiana about 3 months ago that had the rear skirts cut. I wish I would have kept the pic for all to see as it was quite hideous actually.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1qe7wyr2][email protected][/email:1qe7wyr2]

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
robgobbler said:
in the pike. five by five
That's "in the pipe." Aviation/military term. A pike is a long spear that you can jam things on, but you can't really be in.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking about the same auction xcel. It really didn't look so good. With the lines on the Insight it's supposed to have fender skirts.

At one point I had the same thought though, to cut part of the skirt out so you could see the wheel. Yeah they're a pain sometimes, but they're supposed to be there.

·
Registered
700 Posts
xcel said:
....There was a used Insight on Ebay from Louisiana about 3 months ago that had the rear skirts cut. I wish I would have kept the pic for all to see as it was quite hideous actually.
Oh, yeah?

:wink:

Rick: How would you get them "wholesale"???

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
My parents have an auto repair shop so I just put stuff on that account, pay cash and pay the tax and it's ok since it's technically for "a company vehicle." I think if you have a resale number you can get the discounted price. And then you become buddies with the parts manager and have an account with them for a while and they might even give you a discount off of that price.

Really though, the prices from Hparts or majestic Honda are only a little bit above wholesale. If I didn't have my hookup I'd be buying parts from either of them.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Holicow:

___That one doesn’t look nearly as bad ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1uajvhws][email protected][/email:1uajvhws]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts