Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in Toronto and looking for someplace that sells replacement IMA batteries. I have a 2000 Insight, about 220000 KM on it so it's out of warranty.

The errors i got on it are p1447, P1449, P1600 and P1601. Right now the IMA battery says it's fully charged but the ima and check engine lights are on and the IMA system isn't working (no motor assist, regen braking, charging or autostop). Does this mean that the battery is only being used to charge my 12V or is my 12V not charging at all?

Last week it had the same problem and when the IMA battery finally drained the car wouldn't start. I had to take out my 12V and charge it. when i put it back in, the warning lights went off and IMA started charging again. after about 10mins the lights came back on and ima wasnt working though it left the ima battery fully charged (or at least that's what it says), which is where i am today. would it matter if i install a new 12V? or should i just disconnect the ima till i can have it fixed? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
We can fix Canadian batteries. Contact me directly at 718-554-7899. We'll set you up so that you can drive the car for the duration of the repair.

Hi, I'm in Toronto and looking for someplace that sells replacement IMA batteries. I have a 2000 Insight, about 220000 KM on it so it's out of warranty.

The errors i got on it are p1447, P1449, P1600 and P1601. Right now the IMA battery says it's fully charged but the ima and check engine lights are on and the IMA system isn't working (no motor assist, regen braking, charging or autostop). Does this mean that the battery is only being used to charge my 12V or is my 12V not charging at all?

Last week it had the same problem and when the IMA battery finally drained the car wouldn't start. I had to take out my 12V and charge it. when i put it back in, the warning lights went off and IMA started charging again. after about 10mins the lights came back on and ima wasnt working though it left the ima battery fully charged (or at least that's what it says), which is where i am today. would it matter if i install a new 12V? or should i just disconnect the ima till i can have it fixed? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts