Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Sarasota, just bought a 2000 and I need someone to look it over and probably do some repairs. Any recommendations in my area or even Tampa/Orlando?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,599 Posts
There used to be an Insighter from Venice, (jack mpg) here at ICN. Maybe he will respond.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm here in Sebring :)
(y)
Did you happen to clean the egr? I'm not having any luck finding a replacement gasket so I haven't looked into it yet. I drove it a couple of days and the IMA/CE lights came on so I went ahead and disconnected the IMA. It's running great except I'm getting a little shutter mostly while going into reverse. So I'm thinking either egr or mounts or both.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
(y)
Did you happen to clean the egr? I'm not having any luck finding a replacement gasket so I haven't looked into it yet. I drove it a couple of days and the IMA/CE lights came on so I went ahead and disconnected the IMA. It's running great except I'm getting a little shutter mostly while going into reverse. So I'm thinking either egr or mounts or both.
I didn't drive without an IMA, if you plan on doing that I've got an arduino bypass you can have. I didn't do valve adjust, egr plate clean, or egr valve on that one. All of those parts I can tell you where to get. Battery will probably play again after a grid charge and reset, it's been on that edge for a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts