Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I am looking to purchase a new 2005 Insight. Gray with Auto Transmission and AC. I have contacted the majority of dealers in Southern Calif. Basin with no luck. Please Email me if you know of a dealer that might have one in stock. I am aware that this is the last year for the Insight.
Thanks, Jackson
[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
[moderator edit]

Smart move. Best of luck, and I'm sure the good people here will help if they can. Its in their blood, as you can see.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
If you have trouble finding a 2005, don't feel worried about looking at the used Insight market.

There are a lot of very good condition Insights out there - with the usual few shifty dealers trying to pass off a salvage car as in 'perfect' condition.

If you can find a private party that you can meet and talk to, and then have the car inspected as part of the process, you will be in good shape.

Somewhere in the knowledge base here there is an excellent rundown of all the points to look at when purchasing one second hand - where are all the VIN tags? Where are all the factory stickers? Where are the factory emblems... All which will tell you if there has been any wreck in the past - better to know that than believe carfax only.

It may save you a lot of money as well!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The Autotrader shows only 1 used 00 Insight within 100 miles of here otherwise I'd suggest that. A local dealership had a blue 04 CVT for a while until gas went up last summer and it dissapeared quick. I wish they'd keep more in stock. Try asking a dealership to order one for you. If one says they can't try another.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
jacksonshaw said:
I am aware that this is the last year for the Insight.

That's been said just about every year since 02... or was it even as early as 01. I won't believe it until I see a press release from American Honda saying that and neither should anyone else. If a dealership told you that they're probably just trying to scare you in to buying a car right now.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I know a dealer who has a new 2005 CVT with air on the lot right now! Contact me if you want details. Billy....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts