Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was a recent thread posted for "good dealers", but I need to hear some first hand experience.

I am still dealing with a problem that started in mid January. So far, London Honda has gone between 60% and 80% in fixing the problems, but still can't get it. At this point, the car is becoming a major stress generator, and I can't keep putting my life on hold.

The thead that contains the details can be found here:
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=2429

So, are there any Ontario (London to GTA and just beyond) that are friendly, know what they are doing, and would be able to continue this (warrenty) work?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
I can't help you directly with your question.

However AFAI remember you have contacted Honda CA and have a "case file" open? If not you need one. Re-contact / contact with all the _facts_ to date and go the next step as they direct.

I understand your frustration. And wouldn't "trade" places with you without substantial monetary compensation. (email for negotiation :D) But since your car has yet to leave you stuck on the side of the road somewhere I wouldn't let the inconvenience of more frequent trips to the dealer to pick up a rental car "put your life on hold."

HTH! :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I recommend John the service advisor at Number 7 Honda in Woodbridge ON. They are on Hwy & east of Hwy 427.
I have his business card at work so I give you more details tomorrow.
John is good at listening, and although he goes by the book he is quick to contact Honda Canada for suggestions on how to proceed.
I'm not sure if he can fix your problem but that's just someone I suggest because I don't know anyone better.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Insightful Trekker said:
I can't help you directly with your question.
That's OK. :)

However AFAI remember you have contacted Honda CA and have a "case file" open? If not you need one. Re-contact / contact with all the _facts_ to date and go the next step as they direct.
Yep. I will be doing this tonight if I have time. But as a common courtasy, I like to talk to the dealer first and inform them of my plans. I always give them a chance to take the initiative first.

I understand your frustration. And wouldn't "trade" places with you without substantial monetary compensation. (email for negotiation :D) But since your car has yet to leave you stuck on the side of the road somewhere I wouldn't let the inconvenience of more frequent trips to the dealer to pick up a rental car "put your life on hold."
HTH! :)
This is where it gets weird. I have never relied on anyone else before when it comes to technical stuff. All of that ability is in my blood and DNA. The most work another mechanic has done on any of my cars was to mount and balance tires. Oh, and the Honda dealer repaired those threads in my oil pan. What is bothering me most is that I know that if I had worked on the car, none of this would have occurred. I would have found and fixed the problem, and been done with it. The only reason it went to the dealer is because of the warrenty. I see now how much of a mistake that was, and I can't imagine how 99.9% of the world can deal with these things on a regular basis. Dropping the car off, having the dealer do god knows what, and then getting it back with a big bill (whether covered by warrenty or not) is just unthinkable to me. Yet I did it anyway, and now I'm paying the price. I bought this new car so I wouldn't have to worry about it, and could concentrate on building my RX-7. For two years, I have not had to worry. Now, for the past 2 months, it's been nearly the only thing on my mind. At this point, I just want it fixed and done with. I love this car, and don't regret buying it. But after this experience, I will NEVER, EVER buy another new car, and certainly not a Honda. Honestly, my 20 year old, highly modded RX-7 has been no more or less reliable then my 2 year old Insight, and parts are a HELL of a lot cheaper for the RX-7.....

Anyway, rant mode off...

Guillermo said:
I recommend John the service advisor at Number 7 Honda in Woodbridge ON. They are on Hwy & east of Hwy 427.
I have his business card at work so I give you more details tomorrow.
John is good at listening, and although he goes by the book he is quick to contact Honda Canada for suggestions on how to proceed.
I'm not sure if he can fix your problem but that's just someone I suggest because I don't know anyone better.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll have to contact them, give them a printout of the other thread and see if they are willing to take on the problem. I would hate to just thrust them blindly into the situation.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Here is the contact info:
John Pincente
Service Advisor
(905) 851-2258 x 251
[email protected]

He has only done work my car but hopefully he can help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts