Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading this site and wishing and reading and wishing and researching (for a LONG time!), I am finally buying my Insight with, get this, my student loan money, for the most part. Sneaky, hilarious, stupid, maybe, but AWESOME all around. Anyway:

The guy who is selling me the car bought it in Virginia. He said the original owner (who he bought the car from) "drove around the country with a bunch of other Insight owners" when he first got it. If this is the case, it seems like he might be on this site or someone would know about him. BECAUSE: He one day was on a "mountain" dirt road when, in a rainstorm, the road washed out and his Insight rolled over. He didn't total it--fixed it instead, it's been great for the last ten thousand miles and checks out at 1. a dealership, and 2. another honda certified mechanic. So... I'm not that worried about the car. It just seems like, after spending so much time poking around these forums, that surely SOMEone knows about this car, surely it was talked about at some point. It's a 2001, silver, and lovely. No mods, as far as I can tell. Not even a cd player (grumble grumble).

Okay, all. Just thought I'd throw that out there and see what stirs up. It's so cool having a community of owners, and although we all wish there were more Insights, there being so few means we can keep tabs on each other. Looking forward to being a part of this group....and to hearing back!

Lindsay

·
Registered
237 Posts
Let me be the first to say "Welcome to the community!" I don't know anything about your recent purchase as I'm a relative new comer myself. Enjoy your new car! :D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Doesn't sound familiar to me at all, and I've been here sine the beginning and on the Yahoo group since I got mine this month in 2002.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts