Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble finding the replacement wiper for the rear hatch on my 2010 Insight. The attachment point is different from the two windshield wipers.
Most companies make universal attachments and assume that their 16" will fit. Well, so far I have tried a bunch and they don't have the configuration to attach to the Honda's rear wiper arm.
Do I have an oddball arm or is there a manufacturer that makes a blade that will fit?
Thanks
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Plant Bicycle part

·
Registered
335 Posts
Have you tried your local Honda dealer?

They sell replacement rubber inserts or the whole blade if yours is broken.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Looks like you have the plastic from an old wiper still on the arm. Should look like this (the U is just a continuation of the metal arm).
Hood Bumper Gesture Grey Grille

It's almost as if I can see the metal arm peeking out from underneath that plastic cover at the bottom of your photo.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks like you have the plastic from an old wiper still on the arm. Should look like this (the U is just a continuation of the metal arm).
View attachment 100278

It's almost as if I can see the metal arm peeking out from underneath that plastic cover at the bottom of your photo.
Nope. He has the factory rear wiper arm pictured for a Gen 2 Insight, most Honda's after 2010? use a similar set up.

Here is a link to an aftermarket one:

Rear Wiper Arm & Blade Honda Insight 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I've been able to find out is that the mount on the rear of the 2nd gen is called a "specialty mount" and is only used on a few models of rear hatches.
The replacement is a Bosch H410 and is available through the usual sources.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
From what I've been able to find out is that the mount on the rear of the 2nd gen is called a "specialty mount" and is only used on a few models of rear hatches.
The replacement is a Bosch H410 and is available through the usual sources.
Thanks for the help.
Apologies for the bad advice on my end. I have first-gen-itis. Thank you for returning and posting the solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts