Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CVT 179K
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insight is missing the 3 fasteners holding the latch into the body. I'm curious if anybody knows what they are do I can buy them at a hardware store and fix my latch.
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2,102 Posts
Usually when they are missing like that, they are down in the trunk area under the spare tire.
You might check there first.
Scott

·
Registered
2006 CVT 179K
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually when they are missing like that, they are down in the trunk area under the spare tire.
You might check there first.
Scott
That was my first thought too, emptied the rear storage down to the metal. They're nowhere to be found. Not many G1 insights in my local junkyards either.

·
Linsight Designer
4,129 Posts
It's quite common that these come loose... odd that Honda didn't use thread locker or a split washer (which is difficult with countersunk bolts, though).

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
I got a set you can have... Never seen a car missing them. Although it's probably not worth the time to ship, you should be able to find these countersunk screws at home Depot or Lowe's...

·
Registered
2006 CVT 179K
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found M6x1.0 bolts seem to work but they feel like the wrong thread pitch. Would anyone be willing to measure thread diameter and pitch with a caliper? And confirm that all 3 are the same?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts