Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a passenger side headlight for my 2001 Insight. I've scoured the Net, including salvage yard part part locator services, and have come up empty handed. Tail lights are available, but I guess most accidents are from the front, so usable headlights are in short supply. If anyone has info on a recently wrecked Insight or any other lead on a used headlight, I'd love to know about it so that I can jump on it.

I really don't want to spend money on a new headlight, even at the wholesale price.

Thanks much,
---
Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
How bad is it? I had some broken tabs on mine and was able to bend some aluminum tabs to fit, holding them with epoxy and rivets. Wasn't like new (not much on my car is) but worked well, and much cheaper than the $170 for a new one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's really bad. Otherwise, I'm sure I could fabricate a solution. I think I've located one at a salvage yard, so I'll be calling first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Sorry!

Sorry, I just bought the only one that wasn't damaged. You might want to check car-parts.com, just in case another one shows up...

These things are fragile, so in any crash, the little clips and brackets around them tend to break.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yeah, I've been checking car-part.com for the past week, along with numerous other sites and locator services. I did find one last night. It's got a busted outer mounting bracket and some minor scuffs on the lens (or so I'm told); but I figured for 65 bones (delivered), I'd take a chance. I can easily fabricate a mounting bracket and buff out the lens. It's shipping out today, so I should get it shortly.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If the lense is even scuffed badly you can still sand and buff it out. I haven't personally buffed on plastic, but they say the only concern is you can't stay in one spot too long or you'll get it hot enough to warp.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Shotster said:
for 65 bones (delivered), I'd take a chance.
That is a great deal! I paid $150 for mine (in top shape and with the bracket, though).

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts