Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the owner of a new 2003 Silver CVT Insight.
I would be interested in hearing from the other Silver Insight owner I've seen lately around Milford!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering.....

Hi,

I am interested in buying an insight, I too am from Pa. How does the car perform in the winter here ?? Have you made any mods to cope with the cold weather ?? Would appreciate any "insight" you can give. :) My commute is 56 mile each way on Rt 80 everyday. I do very little town driving. I am a large guy, 6-5 and 280 lbs.
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can't say much for cold weather driving, but I can vouch for the size issue. I'm 6'1" and have always had problems with rubbing the top of my head along the ceiling of cars. Surprisingly, the Insight is one of the most spacious cars I've ever driven. The seats are much lower then in regular sedans... more like bucket seats. So there's several inches above my head that someone your height should easily fit into. The only slight issue I have is getting out of the car because it's so low to the ground. You kind of have to swing yourself out after you've rotated your legs out the door. Not that big of a deal. People have told me it looks like the trick clowns do where they jump out of tiny cars that are way to small for them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm in York, PA.

Haven't made any winter mods for my '01. I've put almost 100k miles on her in 3 years of driving from York to Baltimore up and down I-83.

Oh...I also agree with the 'dismount' - the trick is to swing both legs out first, then kinda just 'pop' up. I'm 6' and about 195.

Boy did my wife hate driving or riding in the Insight when she was pregnant! She practically had to sit on the ground in order to get in and out! :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts