Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of hacking up my board to make an IMA bypass adapter, I bought a connector with 2 wires and eyelets on it from one of the hybrid accessory sites. I can't find the site to save my life. Does anyone know what site sells that piece?

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I should have been more clear, I am not looking for the oem part. There was a site that was selling stuff like the prolong charger and stuff like hybrid automotive, but they had an adapter like the oem one that came with bolts and instructions and was brand new, not a chopped up oem harness. I bought one before and I’m trying to find the website for my friend because it was like $20-$30 or something relatively cheap, I don’t remember the exact price. I had trouble finding the site before also. The site was recommended on here before, that’s how I found it. I’ve been searching for like 7 hours today and I can’t find it.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I don't recall any of 'the vendors' selling the IMA bypass harness, but if they did it was probably just the OEM connector with 2 pigtails, same as what mpg_numbers_guy linked to. It's only $28 at that site, likely plus $$ shipping...

In any event, here's a link to the thread that started the IMA bypass harness talk, with pics of the pieces: https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/33466-ima-bypass-adapter-2.html#post360434

There's also a link to a thread with a lot of good images for bypass and/or other pack work there, figured I'd post that here as well: https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/54017-hybrid-battery-pack-removal-disassembly-rebuild-guide.html

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
If you bought on line, with a credit card, the card carrier would have that information. It would also be on your monthly statement.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Couple gauge 10 wires with ring terminals, female terminals and a 250v 30amp fuse will do just fine. You can find the wires and terminals at Autozone.

Don't make it harder than it has to be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out it was actually hybrid automotive. They just don’t sell it anymore. I had sent them an email asking if it was them and they replied saying it was. Not trying to be difficult it’s just between me and a friend we don’t have spare parts and we don’t want to cut up our parts for something we could get for $20. Don’t mind the post count, I’ve been lurking for like 10 years lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you bought on line, with a credit card, the card carrier would have that information. It would also be on your monthly statement.
That’s the thing, I went through my PayPal and bank statement for the past 2 years looking for a charge from some kind of hybrid vendor. That’s where I did see one for hybrid automotive and sent them an email. The part is no longer on their site unfortunately. It’s all good tho, maybe that part number is available at Honda for $30 or I’ll make one like tryingbe’s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts