Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
insightcentral is so awesome, everyone seems so nice and dedicated to the cause of the hyper-miler....so, I already drive and love my 2000 insight, but need something family friendly, ie a 4 seater....

I'm looking to buy a 4 seater civic HF from the 80's or early 90's, look every day on autotrader and Craigslist and don't see any, so I'm giving this a try....please reply if you have one for sale, have seen one for sale, or have any tips on how I could acquire one, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
I might be mistaken but I think the HF was only sold as the 2 seater CRX HF. You might be looking for a Civic VX which is what succeeded the CRX HF.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I might be mistaken but I think the HF was only sold as the 2 seater CRX HF. You might be looking for a Civic VX which is what succeeded the CRX HF.
Can confirm that as I owned a CRX HF. Got 50-55mpg regularly in my mostly interstate driving. The VX is a nice option for 4 seats.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Can confirm that as I owned a CRX HF. Got 50-55mpg regularly in my mostly interstate driving. The VX is a nice option for 4 seats.
My uncle had a CRX HF and routinely got 60MPG tanks with it, it was sold after obtaining high mileage(not quite sure of the number, probably high 200k's) and a bruised and rusting body from living through the use of 3 teenagers. It was plenty drivable when it was sold it to the next person after the teens all left home for college in cars that they purchased themselves(all with respectable fuel economy). Now that he has seen my Insight and heard my stories, he is very interested in the car because the prime reason of owning the HF was the gas mileage and showing him my 81.4mpg tank from Madison to the Twin Cities and he likes to see this sort of gas mileage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all, I realize the 4 seater is the vx....having trouble finding one thats basically all stock. I don't want to race or compensate for any 'shortcomings', just want to save money when taking the whole family around to the beach and what not. Still loving my Insight, but looking for a 4 seater for the fam and also as a back-up commuter should something happen to the Insight. So, let me know please if anyone is selling a civic vx. thanks!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Look for a Civic HX — it will be newer than a VX and has a more robust lean burn than the Insight (it won't drop down to a richer burn until a much higher load).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know my sister has one and she loves it and always feels secure with my 3 year old niece in the car. You can't go wrong with the dependability.
I have one of them and I love it for my family and the gas mileage is great too. I own a few different cars because my husband is a Trani man and always comes across something or another that the customer does not want to pay for so he buys them cheap and fixes them up and then I have a new used car to add to my fleet.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I guess here is one in Portland, OR: 1993 Honda Civic vx 48 MPG Great GAS GETTER
I'm not familiar with them, but I do love our 03 Civic Hybrid. I chose this used Civic a few years ago because it was cheaper and had better safety rating than comperable year Prius. Finally got my insight a few months ago so my wife and I each have a Hybrid!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts