Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, New to the Forums. I am interested in buying a Gen 1 insight. All of the cars I have been looking at have either been in an accident or have 250k Miles. I am looking for a lower milage car I can drive around. I am located in Southern California and am willing to ship. Please let me know if you are selling or know someone who is selling. Wanting to buy pretty much ASAP. Color doesn't really matter. The hybrid battery can be out or on the way out, I am willing to replace the battery if need be. Also, I would prefer an automatic Since California traffic sucks but it is not necessary.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 green manual with about 194k. Battery cells are out of whack because of lack of use. It was replaced under warranty a few years back, but never quite as good as the original. I have lots of spare parts -- all the main electronics (except battery pack), transmission. Tires are pretty new, roof color is faded as usual. Engine runs really well. Can send photos privately if interested. I live on CA central coast.
Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Original Owner here, clean title. Silver 2004 Honda Insight CVT automatic 146,000 miles avg 55mpg in Baltimore, Maryland. Gas/Electric hybrid, great fuel economy, low emission, beige interior, air conditioning, CD, power windows & door locks, 2 remotes for keyless entry, 3 keys, no service lights on dash. All service was completed at the dealership and I have all service records. I even have the original window price sticker and purchase paperwork. One minor fender bender where a truck making a right turn at a stop light crushed the driver's side rear quarter panel. All damage was meticulously repaired. Other than that, absolutely no accidents. This car was garage kept and is very clean inside and outside. Just normal wear & tear of a 16 year old vehicle. I used to drive 62 miles round trip to work, but we recently moved less than 3 miles from work. This 2 seater Insight has served us very well, but we have moved up in size to a Honda CRV. Tags expire in July 2020 so I'd like to sell prior to that if possible. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. Asking price $2,999 obo

21 - 23 of 23 Posts