Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm thinking about buying a used 2000-model Insight, preferably in gray. So far, I'm not making any commitments, but I'm pretty sure that an Insight is what I'll get.

Does anyone know how much I can expect to pay for it? Preferably a 2000 with A/C (standard transmission only as I understand it). They seem to be between $9k-14k. Anyone have a better idea?

Thanks all

MacW

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I just sold a 2000 with 33,000 miles on it for $11,500. I think I sold it too cheaply though. I think if I had waited a month it would have brought more money. Insight's have gone up in value in the past few months.. go figure.

And in 2000 the 5 speed was the only available transmission, so yes manual.

Your results may varry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
11.5k seems about right....so they lose about 2k a year I guess. Mind you, I'm looking to get it for the lowert price possible, so selling cheap is good for me :D

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I could have gotten the full $11,900 I wanted for it, I liked the guy so I came down a little and I had a wire transfer later that day. Worked out pretty well. To be honest I came across a good opportunity and invested in this car and made a few bucks on it after spending a few hours cleaning it up. I also dropped it off at the dealership and had the ecu replaced and had the dc/dc replaced on the recalls. Since I've gotten 7 phone calls, one of which came from LA, a guy looking for a siver 5 speed (I'm in Arizona). I ended up talking to 6 of those 7 for a little while and if I had a lot of the things I could have sold them all I think. When you know as much about this car as most of us do you tend to really sell it pretty easily. That and the fact that my daily driver Insight was sitting in the drive way right next to the one I was selling.

Haha, I have way too much fun with these things. I've been trying to find another one, but like I said they got popular in the last month here umong people like the guy I sold the one to. He was driving his F-150 400 miles a week and plugged the numbers in to the equation and figured the car would pretty much pay for itself at current fuel prices. And not to mention the fact that their supply is dwindling at dealerships (yeah they've quit making the Insight I believe). Supply has decreased, demand has increased to the economics. You may have to be willing to pay a bit more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I paid just over $10K for my 2000 Insight (5 speed) with A/C (From a Honda dealership nonetheless). I did wind up paying a bit more for the Honda 100,000K extended warranty, but based on the want-ads and the going BB/Kelley rates, I thought I got a very good deal.

EXTREMELY satisfied.

Picture soon of 3 of us - all Silver 2000 Insight owners in 1 town. lol

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts