Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, dear forum members!
I am a relatively new insight owner. I have a 2014 Honda insight with less than 15k miles on it. Yesterday I got the oil change at a local lube shop which I really regret now.
I have put in Mobil 1 Advanced fuel economy full synthetic oil and mobil 1 oil filter and rotated the tires. However, on my way home I have noticed, that for some reason my car doesn't accelerate or drive as good as it used to. No warning lights or anything came up. Oil and CVT level look fine.

Any ideas why this might be going? On highway it got to 35mph and then it was super slow accelerating. I did check the tires and all of them have 40psi(hot tires) as I prefer.
The car still has warranty, so if I can't figure it out, I will just let the dealer see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So, yesterday being super nervous that there is something wrong, I have changed the CVT fluid. As it turned out very easy and fast. Took me 20 minutes. Anyway, the oil that came out was over the capacity, I think I got 3.5qt out of the CVT and it was black with a little reddish and orange color when look near the light. However, I couldn't see through the bottle I put it in. Seems unusual for a car with that low mileage. Anyway, I filled it with new fluid 3qt and everything seems fine. As for the engine oil, I checked and it looks just slightly over the small top hole on the dipstick, I have an oil extraction pump so I will probably suck a small amount of oil out just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts