Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 manual transmission 227k. I can't get autostop anymore, and regen only works through about 6 bars, 1/4 to 1/3 depending on RPM. It's been this way for about 100 miles now. It worked for the first ~2-3k since I had the car.

Temps are in the 70s F. Ambient air sensor just checked and is good.
Engine temp is 195-205 per OBD-II, normal on dash gauge.
No electrical load and headlights are LED anyway. Autostop used to work with these or halogens turned on.
Tried putting HVAC into auto econ-off, fully off, etc. No change.
No fault codes or pending codes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was working with them before, on or off. Why would it matter when they're turned off?

Regardless, I tried that and it hasn't changed anything.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
No specific suggestion, but check all the 12V system gounds (battery neg, 2 to right/under air box) and if you find no problems try pulling the 12V neg cable to reset computers...

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
If the 12v reset doesn't fix it then open up the back and carefully and accurately measure the ten tap voltages and post them here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the brake/tail light fuse. Apparently the regen doesn't trigger based on the brake pedal switch but has something to do with the brake light signal. Bad design if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Interesting. So if the fuse is blown or bad, the brake signal doesn't activate, hence no strong braking regen. That makes sense. And then, we know the brake signal effects auto-stop too. I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention this failure. Good to know. Thanks for following-up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. So if the fuse is blown or bad, the brake signal doesn't activate, hence no strong braking regen. That makes sense. And then, we know the brake signal effects auto-stop too. I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention this failure. Good to know. Thanks for following-up.
Right. I also figured out that I could get more than 6 bars by downshifting to high RPM. As soon as I knew my brake lights weren't working, I made the connection. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
The brake light fuse is also the horn fuse. If your horn doesn’t work you might also not have taillights. If your regen and auto stop aren’t working try honking the horn, no horn? Check the fuse.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts