Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2000 insight 1st gen.
all at once I lost all dash instrumentation power windows power locks and power steering.... Ive spent days reading the shop manual but got know where... anyone out there who can guide me or recognize this? I'm stumped .... Yes looked at fuses...unplugged plugs and plugged in again.. moved wires around. Any advise would be appreciated ... Christopher John.. no privacy issues here...and Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Do you have the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual? I think I downloaded it somewhere on this site. There are two grounds that are common to the affected circuits. G401 and G402. Both under the dash.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Do you have the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual? I think I downloaded it somewhere on this site. There are two grounds that are common to the affected circuits. G401 and G402. Both under the dash.
hmm, that'd be a weird combination of failures, looking at the diagrams and images of locations. G401 is on or by the underdash fuse box. It's a ground for 'gauge assembly', door locks, 'power window relay', among other things. G402 is behind the instrument cluster. That ground serves the 'EPS motor relay' and power window master switch, also among many other things. Since the two grounds are physically separated, it'd be weird if they both failed... Plus, if those grounds are failing, there should be a lot of other stuff that's not working...

Here's a list of stuff those grounds serve, according to the electrical troubleshooting manual:

Brake fluid level switch, Cable reel (CVT), Ceiling light/Spotlights, Clutch pedal position
switch (M/T), Combination light switch, DLC, DRL control unit (Canada) (2 wires),
Driver’s door lock knob switch/lock actuator, Driver’s door lock switch, EPS motor
relay, Fuel consumption display select switch, Gauge assembly (2 wires), Idle stop
switch (CVT), Ignition key switch/key light, Keyless door lock control unit, Power mirror
switch, Power window master switch (2 wires), Power window relay, Turn
signal/hazard relay, Windshield wiper motor, Wiper/washer switch

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
No one should own these old cars without the Service Manual and the Electrical Troubleshooting Guide, both of which are out of print but frequently available reasonably priced on eBay. Buy this one now while it is still available:

·
Premium Member
10,330 Posts
I assume you were driving down the road when that happened, and the engine still ran OK.?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No one should own these old cars without the Service Manual and the Electrical Troubleshooting Guide, both of which are out of print but frequently available reasonably priced on eBay. Buy this one now while it is still available:

Thanks J, I've got the manual..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Evidently I just bought this from you. Hope to see you soon thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts