Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Insight had 326k on it and ran into the back of a car on the highway that stopped quickly. My wife spun out and hit the median, setting off the drivers airbag. From what my insurance agent tells me, it's likely to be written off. We emptied it out on the weekend and started looking for a new one.

I have two in mind. The first is the identical car to ours with only 100k. The price is good, but it only has steel rims (ours had the alloys). My claims broker hasn't told me whether I'd be able to keep my rims or not.

The second car is the EX model. There are two available one with 145k and the other with 126. They are priced ok, a bit more than I would like.

I'm on the east coast of Canada and will probably travel up to Ontario or Quebec at the end of the month to purchase one. I've looked on auto trader and kijiji.

I have a few questions. Is it possible to add the armrest from an EX to an LX? Is there somewhere else I can look for a vehicle? I bought ours at 34k and had great luck with it. What should I look for in a "new" one? I'm hoping to see the Carfax on them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Was that 326k km? Seeing you are in Canada?

That's not bad at all. My 2013 had its obligatory engine rebuild at 69k km at Honda. Now at 87k km and going strong. Except for a screeching sound coming from the engine bay that Honda is currently trying to locate.

Hope you find a suitable replacement soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was. We live on the coast so we were getting some rust on the rockers. We’ve found the same car with 100k on it so we’re picking it up next week. Hopefully it will work as well as ours did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Garrydhu
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing